It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Weird tongue symptoms... Feel slurred

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #1
    Sofd
    (female)

Sofd HB User
    Weird tongue symptoms... Feel slurred

I'm new to this forum but saw a while some having this weird symptom. Started a few weeks ago. I've definitely struggled with anxiety panic attacks in the past but feel it had subsided. Now with this weird symptom I'm panicking that its something major. My tongue feels dry, slightly burning and I feel like I'm slurring my speech. Not all sounds Abd not all the time. One if my friends and my husband notices it at times. I've been to a neurologist but she said my Neuro exam was normal. Didn't do much else for me. Does anyone else have this weird tongue thing going on and feel its anxiety? I'm so fearful of als and of course can't stop researching. Any help??

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-06-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
    Sophiegirl123
    (female)

Sophiegirl123 HB User
    Re: Weird tongue symptoms... Feel slurred

I have burning tongue syndrome. It started sometime after a started having issues with anxiety. My tongue and sometimes palate burns and at times my tongue is really dry. Burning tongue is a symptom of anxiety and also dry mouth which can cause it to burn. I found out information on internet. If it is due to anxiety it usually gets better when your anxiety gets better. Good Luck

Old 03-06-2013, 06:46 PM   #3
    Leenab
    (female)

Leenab HB User

I read somewhere that when you feel your speech is slurred and have weird feeling of the tongue your should immediately check if this is due to clot or stroke. Get help or second opinion.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:05 AM   #4
    rplugs3112
    (female)

rplugs3112 HB User

Hi,
    Mouth issues have always been something i have dealt with with anxiety since I was young. It used to be afraid that if I wouldn't be able to swallow anymore. then My bout used to get tight and I had trouble swallowing when panic attacks when I got older. Just recently physical symptoms started again and this is one of them. They are a little different, so I too think I have ALS. Although when I calm down they dissipate. My mouth feel like it does when you are in cold weather...slower and a little frozen. Even my tongue. I do realize when I get anxious that I start to speak very fast and words like "so they do" come out a little garbled. The more I notice this, the slower i speak and the more anxious I get. I also recent had a sensation in my leg and I am stuck on it. Its like I am worried I can't move it and then totally can. Its a fear. i even woke up in the middle of the night w a panic attack last night for the first time ever. i am definitely going back on zoloft to see if this all subsided and will go from there. Again this is all off and on.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:32 AM   #5
    Sophiegirl123
    (female)

Sophiegirl123 HB User

Anxiety can cause you to have many different physical symptoms. Getting a good physical from your doctor and make sure they check you vitamin and thyroid levels. These can also cause burning tongue and mouth. Just making sure everything checks out normal will allow you to lower your anxiety levels and get better. I have been dealing with the burning for a year now and it gets worse when I am stressed. Some people that have it says it feels like their tongue is swollen and it is hard to talk, but I would start with going to your doctor and getting checked out.

Closed Thread