It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Has anyone taken Klonopin until Lexapro kicks in?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2013, 07:33 AM   #1
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User
    Has anyone taken Klonopin until Lexapro kicks in?

Hello Everyone,

This is the only place where I can communicate, knowing that I am understood. My husband and my family are supportive but don't understand the seriousness of my condition. I haven't been able to sleep and last night was absolutely horrible. The .25mg klonopin didn't make me sleepy at all. I started lexapro 5 days ago, 5mg, and I will increase it today to 10. I've lost my appetite but forcing myself to get some nutrition. When would I start feeling a little better? I am so anxious and down. I'm afraid taking the klonopin, having read that it is highly addictive.

Has anyone gone through my road before? And what should I expect?

Thank you so much!
    Liverette

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-29-2013, 10:38 PM   #2
    xKLowNx
    (male)

xKLowNx HB User
    Re: Has anyone taken Klonopin until Lexapro kicks in?

Hi Liverette,

My name is Kevin I have been dealing with anxiety since I was 13 I am now 30. I am now taking 10mg of Lexapro. I use to take kolonopin when I was younger in the treatment and it was my golden ticket to getting relief from anxiety. I had switched medicine so I went off the deep end and was afraid of taking any medications so now im scared to take kolonopin even though I know how awesome it was at making me feel so much better. Its hard for me to take any other medications even over the counter. Xanax can be addicting as well but if you be careful I think you will be just fine the biggest thing is getting relief from being anxious. Just the past 3 weeks I have been having a hard time with anxiety coming back I was on only 5mg of lexapro for like 5 years now I had to up it to 10mg. I am still wait for it to kick in it has been 1 week and half. I hope you get a good nights sleep tonight I know how hard it is getting a good nights rest.
    hope this helps
    Kevin

Last edited by xKLowNx; 03-29-2013 at 10:39 PM. Reason: mispelling

Old 03-30-2013, 07:30 AM   #3
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User

Hi Kevin,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to me. I am glad that you were on 5mg Lexapro for a maintenance, so in the case of anxiety episode, you can always increase your dosage to 10 and since it is in your system, it won't take too long to be effective.
    It's been 4 nights now that I have been taking the Klonopin .50mg to be able to sleep. I was very hesitant at first but then I realized that no sleep was making me so sick and anxious. I upped the the lexapro to 10, 3 days ago and now waiting for it to kick in. My appetite is just a little better but nothing like before. I started with anxiety issue but now I feel like I have more of a depression.
    From your experience, how long does it take for the Lexapro to lift you up a little? And does it also help for depression too?

Thank you again for responding to my thread. Have a nice weekend and a Happy Easter!
    Liverette

Old 03-30-2013, 09:34 AM   #4
    janld
    (female)

janld HB User

Hi--as you, I have anxiety--I take 10 mg Lexapro in AM and 1 mg of Ativan at night. The Lex is for depression and the Ativan for anxiety and sleep. Works very well for me--have had no problems getting a good nights sleep since I started the drug. Hope you find relief.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #5
    smerila
    (female)

smerila HB User

I was on Lexapro it takes about 6 weeks till you feel good. At about 4 the anxiety level is lower. I will take a benedryl if my anxiety get me to where I can't sleep. I took myself off which I do thinking I am feeling good and don't need the meds which in turn makes me sick after about 6 months. So its a cycle I don't want to be on meds but obviously need them. Give it time to get into your system. don't do caffiene it will get anxiety worse.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 PM   #6
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User

Well, it's been 10 days on Lexapro and .50mg Klonopin at nights if needed. At one point, over the weekend, I was feeling less anxious and my appetite was pretty normal, however last night couldn't sleep well and today I've been feeling even worse than last week. Having anxiety and no appetite. I am waiting for Lexapro to help me and almost losing hope that it may never help me. Any support or encouragement would be so appreciated. I really need it!

Many thanks!!
    Liverette

Old 04-03-2013, 05:33 AM   #7
    janld
    (female)

janld HB User

L--sorry you are still struggling with meds to work. I wonder if your dosage is correct. I would check with your doctor. I like Ativan better than Klonopin, but that is just my system. I know my doctor had me change meds several times before we found one that worked and that was Lexapro and Ativan. It does take time to work. Have you tried exercise--even going for a walk each day seems to help me. Hang in there!

Old 04-03-2013, 06:22 AM   #8
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User

Thank you Jan for your reply. I only slept about 3 hours with the .50mg Klonopin last night. I am hanging in there. All I want is my appetite back. I am a petite person and weighing 113 pounds, so I cannot afford to loose weight. Counting the days for the Lexapro to work!! Thanks again.

Old 04-08-2013, 06:24 AM   #9
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User

Hi,
    I posted few days ago, in regards to starting Lexapro. Well now it's been 2 weeks and I've had couple of good days with more appetite but yesterday, I felt the same anxiety back with lack of appetite and mild nausea. It seems like the lack of appetite and the mild nausea are causing more anxiety to me. It's been 2 weeks on Lexapro and I've felt like semi ok one day and get encouraged, to feel sad and worried again the next day. Is this common feeling until I feel better? I thought that you only feel slowly better and not fluctuate once on Lexapro....i was also given Klonopin to help me until Lexapro kicks in, which I haven't been taking it the last 5 days. Perhaps I should, in order to feel less anxious...

Thank you!
    Tal

Old 04-28-2013, 11:25 PM   #10
    DieTrying
    (male)

DieTrying HB User

It's been some time now that you've been on Lexapro, did it start working for you?

Old 04-29-2013, 08:18 AM   #11
    Liverette
    (female)

Liverette HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by DieTrying View Post
    It's been some time now that you've been on Lexapro, did it start working for you?
    Yesss, I feel so much better! I was on 10mg Lexapro for 26 days and I was still feeling very anxious, however I cut the Lexapro in half on the 27th day and has been in 5 mg wver since then and feel like a normal person. Haven't had anxiety for two weeks now, appetite back to normal and no more Klonopin. I am a petite person, so the 5mg did the job for me!!! Hope this helps!

Closed Thread