It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Relationship Causing Me Anxiety?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2013, 06:09 AM   #1
    ProphecyGrrrl
    (female)

ProphecyGrrrl HB User
    Question Relationship Causing Me Anxiety?

I have been with m boyfriend for almost a year. He is fantastic and I love him very much. My problem is that he seems to cause me a lot of anxiety for reasons that are unclear to me. I get anxious whenever we are not together or if he doesn't text me back immediately or answer my phone calls right away. If he does not give me 100% of his attention when we are together, I start to worry that he is not attracted to me or doesn't love me. In my head, I know that this is ridiculous. My boyfriend is always there for me when I need him and would do anything for me, he makes me incredibly happy and I know he loves me. However, I start to get so worried and stressed out sometimes that I take it out on him. I'll snap at him or sometimes randomly start crying for no tangible reason. If I call him to make last minute plans and he is busy, I get depressed and cry. I get scared that he'll stop loving me or leave me or that what we have between us is not real or will not last. The anxiety started when I started to realize that I was falling in love with him and steadily got worse. We broke up for a period of a month and got back together and the anxiety has worsened. It leaves me feeling very confused. I feel like I have found the man I want to spend the rest of my life with but I am scared that because of this anxiety we will not be able to. I feel like if I knew what was truly causing this maybe I would be able to fix the problem. I have a history of social anxiety and depression and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2013, 06:44 PM   #2
    st0rch
    (male)

st0rch HB User
    Re: Relationship Causing Me Anxiety?

I am a male, but I feel the same way with my girlfriend. It lost me my last relationship as well. Maybe you should see a doctor? This is a real thing and is not just in your head...

As hard as it is, the only way to stop feeling this way is if you keep yourself from saying or doing anything when it comes up again. Literally the second you get one of these thoughts, tell yourself not now, not happening and start thinking about something else or what you are doing. Eventually this will become a habbit, even though it will be very difficult to get your mind off these thoughts at first.

Good luck, you will be ok.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, relationships