It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Nonstop Anxiety. I don't know what to do at this point?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-27-2013, 07:14 AM   #1
    Deedee904
    (female)

Deedee904 HB User
    Nonstop Anxiety. I don't know what to do at this point?

I, obviously, suffer from anxiety and I see a therapist every 2 weeks. For the past few months, I've done pretty well. Just minor anxiety, but I've been able to cope and I think therapy has helped me overcome a few of my fears. But, now I got a new job. It was a pretty quick process took about 2 1/2 weeks and I gave my previous job 2 weeks notice. I had been at my previous job for almost a year and felt very comfortable, but the pay was terrible. This job is way better pay, but ever since I've started this job I've had non-stop full blown out anxiety. From the moment I wake up to the moment I go back to sleep. I don't know what to do? I feel like just giving up. Just staying in bed and going nowhere. No one has done anything mean or out of ordinary to me at my new job. I'm new, so everyone has been helpful, but for whatever reason I just don't want to be there, and the thought of going there every day kills me. I just want to go back to my old job, and forget I even took this job, but I don't want to give into my anxiety and it would be so embarrassing to beg for my old job back. I don't know what to do? I feel like I'm drowning. I'm crying everyday. My heart feels like its going to come out of my chest any minute. I can't focus on anything else. I can't breathe. I'm truly falling apart. I don't even remember the last time my anxiety had taken over my life like this. What should I do?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-27-2013, 08:24 PM   #2
    rayel
    (female)

rayel HB Userrayel HB User
    Re: Nonstop Anxiety. I don't know what to do at this point?

Deedee,

I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time. Hopefully when you talk to your therapist again they can help you with these new issues. When I start feeling anxiety I just try to remember that it is just anxiety and if I let it just sort of happen it will eventually go away, at least somewhat. I hope you can find a way to be happy with your new job, it sounds like it could really be a good thing. Hang in there!

Old 12-03-2013, 06:35 PM   #3
    daisymae55
    (female)

daisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB User
    Re: Nonstop Anxiety. I don't know what to do at this point?

Any update for you? This happened to me when I last changed jobs. I can be so sensitive to change. In desperation I went to see a psychiatrist and have been trying various medications over the past year. One med is finally helping and I usually only need to take it for work, not on my days off. I still feel some nervousness before work but am able to function now without shaking or feeling panic. It's only been 4 weeks now on this med and I'm slowly building some confidence. I have been at this job now 18 months so it's been a long road to this point. Please don't be afraid to seek medical help. It has been life-changing for me. Good luck!

Closed Thread