It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• new here... Want to learn how to live with stress and my anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-03-2013, 07:13 PM   #1
    allflowers
    (female)

allflowers HB User
    new here... Want to learn how to live with stress and my anxiety

hi, I just joined and hope some can help me or at least listen to me. I am an older lady in my mid 50s...My life has been awful for the last 3 years. I lost my job that I loved. I went thru divorce then my ex husband died of a heart attack several months after our divorce and my boyfriend that I did have broke up with me. Since that time I haven't been able to maintain any meaningful love relationship, haven't found a job that was as meaningful or paid what I used to get. Ha ha I don't even make 10.00 an hour and have to fight for every extra hour I can get. I don't even clear 300.00 a week most the time. I try to remember I have food, a warm place to sleep and a job.
    physically I have all the negative things go on...the rapid heart beat, the loose stools, the hot and cold flashes, the indigestion, the sleeping and waking up all the time during the night.
    But what I cannot seem to figure out is that I have been eating a lot of sugars and bad carbs....A lot of junk food because it is just easier.
    I have run into a lot of friends and even some family members I haven;'t seen and they were amazed at my weight loss...I didn't understand it but I guess I have dropped what some people would call a lot of weight. People think I am ill and I have even dropped a shoe size. This is alarming for me because the way I am eating I am surprised I haven't gone the other way and gained weight. Has anyone else gone thru this. This doesn't bother me as much as my rapid heart beat...Sometimes I get scared. Sometimes i think I am going to die

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #2
    amanda63
    (female)

amanda63 HB User
    Re: new here... Want to learn how to live with stress and my anxiety

Hi Im new here too, i have anxiety which has spiraled into agoraphobia..im worried about my next anxiety attack and afraid to go anywhere..i still have to go places because im a mom of two small children and a substitute teacher...
    ive been having a really hard time dealing with stress also..i met with a therapist who taught me some breathing excercises and to go jogging to release stress..
    i find that talking about my feelings helps me unfortunately my mom doesnt understand and i always feel embarrassed when i tell her..my husband tries his hardest to help but he doesnt have anxiety so he doesnt really get it..
    hopefull you can talk to a therapist or yourdr and get on a plan to healing ur anxiety that is what i hope for.
    good luck

Last edited by msmod; 12-06-2013 at 06:13 AM.

Closed Thread