It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anyone taking Paxil?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-18-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
    sweetdreams25
    (female)

sweetdreams25 HB User
    Unhappy Anyone taking Paxil?

Hi guys I'm new here and I've been diagnosed with anxiety and have been put on Paxil a week ago. My doctor put me in 5 ml for one day for 6 days then 10ml afterwards. But as crazy as it sounds for only being on it for only 3 days with a small dose I've been feeling the side effects totally different. I feel itchy but no rashes or hives (thank The Lord) but the itchy feel is semi mild but rather annoying. I've been extremely constipated to the point I don't even feel like I have to but I know I at least have to go as weird as it sounds but I force think myself to go then I go but that doesn't always work. I have somewhat feeling of urinating when my body signals that I need to go either way well..I'm not getting those signals as normal. I get mild cramp pains on scale from 1-10 pain level it's a 2 but I sure do feel it. Sorry guys but for the women I got frequent vaginal discharge milky like but no itching included though. No headaches at all which is a good thing can't complain. Omg the insomnia is driving me nuts!! I feel tired but no sleep well like tonight I can't. But the last two nights I slept. Muscle soreness I also get. Also I felt so worried about the effects that I've been having so far I wanted to cry but I couldn't shed a tear as much as I wanted to. I still have thoughts of worry through my mind due to the side effects but no anxiety at all which is good don't get me wrong but I can't take this anymore. I just want to feel like I was physically before minus the anxiety. Thankfully it's only 5 ml for 3 days instead of weeks even months for that matter. With having a combination of these side effects I don't want to continue using this Paxil long enough to get those withdraws that I've been reading about I don't think or feel this pill is something that will work for me physical wise. I set an appointment with my doctor this week due to the side effects that it's been giving me so far. Is all I know is I can't take this any longer and I want this to go out of my system once and for all!! Since I'm also depressed I was thinking about taking anti depression meds non SSRI if it's available. Does anyone know a good depression med and has anyone ever experienced these side effects? I'm also willing to read your story as well thanks much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-18-2013, 01:38 AM   #2
    sweetdreams25
    (female)

sweetdreams25 HB User
    Re: Anyone taking Paxil?

Also I've been urinating a lot more then normal

Last edited by mod85; 12-18-2013 at 11:50 AM.

Old 12-20-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
    d0ink
    (male)

d0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB Userd0ink HB User
    Re: Anyone taking Paxil?

I have been through many side effects taking Paxil. After two weeks they normally subside and after three weeks they are gone for good. If your doctor didn't tell you this, he has probably no idea about what he is prescribing. I wouldn't be surprised at all, if this was the case.

You are right that Paxil is not ideal for treating depression. It is an SSRI and thus good against anxiety and generally against fear.

I remember taking Paxil the first time and feeling so weird that I thought I could die any moment. It was like my body had to learn to feel everything from scratch. Nobody told me about the side effects and that they are normal within the first two weeks. Imagine how angry I was afterwards.

Closed Thread