It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• My Symptoms

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2014, 11:28 PM   #1
    Mikemix
    (male)

Mikemix HB User
    My Symptoms

Hi everyone, I'm new here but just wanted to give you a background on my issues. To make a long story short, I am a 39 yo male who has a good job, good family and kids and really nothing to complain about.. Everyday when I wake up it feels like the battle begins.. I was getting these migraine aura's that would scare me so badly that I would just dwell on when the next time I would have one. Never got a headache but just the visual eye flashing.. If I was tough, I could ignore them and go about my day.. But I think it's one of the things that possibly triggered my constant anxiety and occasional depression.

Now, talking just the anxiety issue.. I wake up, go to work, feel like I'm in a constant indescribable fog.. Not that I can't think clearly, because I can, it's more like a dreamy state. Anyone get that feeling? Also, I am having trouble trying to sleep, I'm counting sheep but running out.. (yes that is a Green Day song-- trying to keep my sense of humor).. Anyway, I am only getting about 4-5 hours a night.. I always seem to wake up after 4-5 hours no matter what. When I was a teenager I could sleep for 12 hours easily! I miss those days.. My suspicion is my foggy feeling is due to my insomnia. Anyone agree?
    Now, when I'm at work, let's say in a meeting, and I'm sitting there in a room full of people, I will have the sense my balance is off, like I'm going to fall.. Anyone get that? I'm not on any meds at this time either..
    It also seems when I feel foggy and tired I have this high pitched ringing in both my ears(tinnitus). I think it's always there but seems to be louder and more noticeable when I am tired, which is quite a bit recently.
    Every so often, all of these really gets to me and I will talk to my wife and just break down and cry..
    Went to the doc last week, I was so stressed out because I was getting headache a few days before and was feeling really crappy and has a panic attack while I was there.
    In short, the doc prescribed Lexapro , Xanax and a Restoril for sleep.
    I am afraid to start the SSRI because I hate taking meds.. It scares me.. I am hoping I can mello out with the Xanax and Restoril until I can get to a more baseline anxiety level and maybe catch up on some lost sleep..
    I just want to get 7-8 hours of sleep, feel normal and relaxed. Is that so much to ask for? Can anyone relate to me or offer me any advice on how to get back on track... Appreciate this forum and all you guys.. God bless!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2014, 01:06 AM   #2
    millnell
    (female)

millnell HB User
    Re: My Symptoms

Hello, I can relate to all your symptoms.I have seen many medical docs and they all come back with the same answer ANXIETY. I have many physical symtoms eg-dizzy internal shakiness, ear, head fullness and like I, m going to fall over, and yes that fog, dreamkike feeling is terrible.I,m on cimprimal, 6 months on and I can, t say they have helped much.I do relaxation excerices everyday.When I, m having one of those horrible moments I try and talk or sing to myself till it passes..Oh forgot to mention the extreme sweating.Remember nothing happened to you yestetday when panic set in so nothing will happen when it happens again.I make myself do things even when I really feel terrible, I don, t want to give into this Anxiety.I understand just how you feel, and yes I have cried many times, do you have any of the symptoms I have mentioned? Remember these are only feelings not a serious illness, think of something nice and they do go away. Good Luck and take care

The following user gives a hug of support to millnell:
    Mikemix (02-01-2014)
    Old 02-01-2014, 10:51 AM   #3
    Mikemix
    (male)

Mikemix HB User

Thanks for your message.. Yes I'm exactly like that.. I also get a ringing in my ears that makes me upset.. I don't know if the ear ringing is causing the anxiety or the anxiety causing the ear ringing! It's maddening!!!
    Thanks for reminding me that these are just feelings. It seems like my mind is always dwelling on something about myself. Right now it's my ear ringing..
    I have health anxiety.. I don't find I can just go out and have a good time unless I'm drinking.. because when I drink, I can relax but then it seems the next days I get bad anxiety from drinking the prior days..

Last edited by msmod; 02-01-2014 at 12:02 PM.

The following user gives a hug of support to Mikemix:
    coffeelove (02-01-2014)
    Old 02-01-2014, 01:14 PM   #4
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User

Hi Mikemix
    I suffer with some of the same issues. I have this issue with going into stores with that horrible lighting- it causes me to get a bit distorted and dizzy along with panic setting in, it can be a horrible time. I have been dealing with feeling foggy headed since Dec 2013/ my ears and sinus issues making me feel anxious and stops me from doing things I really enjoy. I hope you feel better knowing that you are not alone!

The following user gives a hug of support to coffeelove:
    Mikemix (02-01-2014)
    Old 02-01-2014, 03:38 PM   #5
    Mikemix
    (male)

Mikemix HB User

It's funny you mention sinuses too Coffeelove, because sometimes I feel that maybe what I have is a chronic ear/sinus thing going on that's messing with my balance. Also the florescent lighting causes me issues or it's something about being in buildings with high ceilings. Or maybe it's just our obsessive love of coffee.. Lol... Love your name...

Last edited by Mikemix; 02-01-2014 at 04:15 PM.

Old 02-01-2014, 04:32 PM   #6
    coffeelove
    (female)

coffeelove HB User

Mikemax! thank you I am a coffee fiend! HAHA! I too think it has so much to do with sinus issues. I was at the gym today and went into the steam room/ I think it made my sinuses better. its the first time I have not had the vertigo that much YAY!

Old 02-01-2014, 10:43 PM   #7
    Mikemix
    (male)

Mikemix HB User

Awesome!

The Following User Says Thank You to Mikemix For This Useful Post:
    coffeelove (02-06-2014)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, ears, foggy, ringing, stress