It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• anti anxiety meds

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-23-2014, 09:55 AM   #1
    Judith F Barker
    (female)

Judith F Barker HB User
    Unhappy anti anxiety meds

I have been on Zoloft 150MG for a couple of years. It worked initially when I was just on 100MG. I substitute a half of 5MG Xanax every once in awhile, but still not doing well. Any suggestions? Change, maybe to Lexapro?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-23-2014, 12:41 PM   #2
    daisymae55
    (female)

daisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB Userdaisymae55 HB User
    Re: anti anxiety meds

Judith, It sounds like you really need to have a talk with your doctor who knows you best, what you've taken before & how you've responded. I personally recommend a psychiatrist for these things as they are most expert on these types of meds. I could tell you what works for me but it may not be the answer for you.

The Following User Says Thank You to daisymae55 For This Useful Post:
    Judith F Barker (02-23-2014)
    Old 02-23-2014, 04:08 PM   #3
    Judith F Barker
    (female)

Judith F Barker HB User

Thank you Daisy Mae. I appreciate your comment.

Old 02-24-2014, 11:25 AM   #4
    WhistleDixie
    Inactive
    (female)

WhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB UserWhistleDixie HB User

Hello Judith,

I truly have no idea. I wasn't aware that Zoloft was dosed more than 100 mg? I've taken 100 mg for 15+ years. It has been a lifesaver for me, but I sometimes wonder IF I need something else. I tried SO MANY before I settled on Zoloft when it came on the market. I obviously fear the change to a new med because of the potential side effects. I AM going to ask my doctor if he recommends increasing my Zoloft after your post.

What does your doctor recommend for you? I understand your desire to hear what others have experienced, as often times "gathered information of experience" aids in your conversation/decision with your doctor. Good luck=)

Closed Thread