It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• New symptoms - more anxiety

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-25-2014, 04:24 AM   #1
    Worried user
    (male)

Worried user HB User
    Unhappy New symptoms - more anxiety

Hi everyone
    I am in desperate need of some logical advice. I've been to several doctors and nurses about muscle twitching and shooting pains all over. They have literally told me to 'get a grip' and say it's all anxiety (health anxiety/hypochondria). I started to feel a bit better and accept it's all anxiety, until my eyes started hurting. My left eye has started to go blurry, and I also get floaters. This also makes me dizzy most of the time. I'm not sure if my right eye is effected too, because sometimes I swear that goes blurry too- my right eye also has pain, like a strain. I also feel that the blurry vision sometimes gets worse/better, same with the dizziness.

Obviously because I'm a hypochondriac, I worry its MS. It might be useful to point out I was worried out MS before I started having these eye problems and dizziness. So maybe my mind is portraying these symptoms? I'm going to the opticians on Friday, so hopefully they will be able to tell.

I still have the muscle twitching all over that jumps about in a matter of seconds. Sometimes I don't notice it as much now though. Please can someone give me some advice/reassurance? Can anxiety and stress cause this, or should I be worried about MS? Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-28-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
    db851
    (male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
    Re: New symptoms- more anxiety

Yes! I have those symptoms and have had anxiety/panic attacks for going on eight years now. Remember that anxiety can absolutely give you the physical symptoms of whatever the latest disease is that you are worried you might have. Everything you listed in your post I have dealt with. I'm glad to see that you are following up with medical professionals as well as seeking out advice here, because both are needed when battling anxiety. That's whats so scary about anxiety, is that a lot of the symptoms we get can be very similar to the diseases that we're worried about. Really the only way to rule them out is to do what you're doing. I've had every test under the sun run on me, and finally have been forced to deal with the anxiety head on. It took years to get here, but I have been medication free and fully functioning for several years now. I still have anxiety and health fears constantly though. Keep us posted.

The Following User Says Thank You to db851 For This Useful Post:
    Worried user (03-28-2014)
    Old 03-28-2014, 12:45 PM   #3
    Worried user
    (male)

Worried user HB User
    Re: New symptoms- more anxiety

I'm sorry to hear how long you've had your struggle... It really is horrible. And guess what? My blurry vision has gone now I've stopped worrying about MS and started worrying about ALS again! And thinking I'm loosing weight when my family say I'm not! I also get very fatigued. This is so obvious to me now that this is anxiety, but it's still there! Hopefully we can both get fully sorted one day soon! All the best, thanks for replying

Old 03-29-2014, 10:00 AM   #4
    db851
    (male)

db851 HB Userdb851 HB Userdb851 HB User
    Re: New symptoms - more anxiety

I'm sure you've read up on ALS too, but it is sooo rare. I remember several years back me worrying about the same condition...lol. It seems a lot of us in here worry about the same exact conditions, and like yours, they change from month to month. My big one is my heart, I think due in large part to my father who has heart disease. If not for that, I'm sure it'd be some form of cancer or something. Ugh. Never ending. Good luck with relaxing, do as much of it as you can!

Closed Thread