It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Afraid of the light

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2003, 11:50 AM   #1
    Saya

Saya HB User
    Post Afraid of the light

We all know that kids go through a phase of being afraid of the dark. My problem is the complete opposite, I'm afraid of the light. I've always been more comfortable in the darkness and can only seem to get my school work done after the sun sets.

This thing I have with the light is getting progressivly worse, whenever my friend comes into my dorm room, he habitually turns on the overhead light (I have dubbed it the evil light). I freak out when he does this, I practically yell at him to turn it off. Is there a name for this? And what can I do about it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Related Topics
    Thread Thread Starter Board Replies Last Post
    Afraid of dark? ChrisNY Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia 10 01-03-2010 03:42 AM
    So afraid to go to the eye doctor! Help! mattm4001 Eye & Vision 4 10-27-2008 02:18 PM
    How many of you suffer b/c you're too afraid to ask for more pain meds. IZZY'SMOM Pain Management 31 02-26-2008 05:18 AM
    im afraid to sleep at night! deskette ADD / ADHD 29 05-15-2007 11:46 PM
    Afraid of the dark Sherri-Lynne Parenting Issues 8 09-04-2005 11:35 AM
    Please help! Afraid to take medications! JustGinger Headaches & Migraines 1 11-30-2004 07:16 AM
    Is Benicar a good bp med and side effects MissLawanna High & Low Blood Pressure 22 10-12-2004 06:23 AM