HealthBoards

HealthBoards (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/)
-   Anxiety (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/)
-   -   Physical side effects and chemical imbalance (https://www.healthboards.com/boards/anxiety/98055-physical-side-effects-chemical-imbalance.html)

HydroZ28 01-30-2003 02:06 AM

Physical side effects and chemical imbalance

Hi! I haven't posted hear i a long time and know the discomfortsof anxiety all to well, I have had a chemical imbalance for about ten years now and am finally VERY close to recovery! I hope I can maye help some of you and vice a versa :)
I have a couple qustions I would like to ask the members of this group.

As I am coming out of what I call an anxiety state which has basically been like I am living in a dream world (ugly) I have had feelings of unreality for almost 10 years! Well anyway my ? is if I still have symptoms of anxiety but come out of that state of mind where everything seems unreal and fuzzy am I still sufferring from a chemical imbalance? I hope this makes sense? What I am getting at is that I can remember feeling like I have for the past ten years when I was younger but it wasn't a constant state....it would last for about 10 minutes and go away so what I am wandering is have I had a chemical imbalance all my life or was it just a smaller scale of the symptoms of anxiety that progressed into a chemical imbalance?

OK my next ? is a good one I think? Do your thoughts create a chemical imbalanc or doesthe chemical imbalance create your thoughts?

Thanks for any replies! Jerry

Bubbly20 01-30-2003 02:31 AM

Hiya Jerry

Im glad you feel you are coming out of the cloud youve been in, are you taking any meds?

I used to have the unreal feelings but i think that paxil helped to clear this..it really was a horrid feeling i know.
I think what you say about having similar feelings when you were young is a natural thing to think. i know that sometimes the anxiety and depression grips me so hard that i sometimes think maybe i have always been like this, or this is normal. and sometimes i try to think back to see if i can find signs of it from childhood that i took no notice of back then...
But really theres no point. We have to try to focus on today and getting better for the future...one step at a time. i know if we constantly anylise things it does us no good really. Just look after yourself.

As for the chemical imbalance - im no doc so i dont really know what causes it..but i hope you keep climbing your ladder. Take care

Bubbly x

Bubbly20 01-30-2003 02:33 AM

Hiya Jerry

I used to have the unreal feelings but i think that paxil helped to clear this..it really was a horrid feeling i know.
I think what you say about having similar feelings when you were young is a natural thing to think. Sometimes the anxiety and depression grips me so hard that i sometimes think maybe i have always been like this, or this is normal, and sometimes i try to think back to see if i can find signs of it from childhood that i took no notice of back then...
But really theres no point. We have to try to focus on today and getting better for the future...one step at a time. If we constantly anylise things it does us no good really. Just look after yourself.

hope you keep climbing your ladder. Take care

Bubbly x

HydroZ28 01-30-2003 12:58 PM

Hi bubbly, thanks for replying! I am glad you are also getting over your feelings of unreality cuz to me that is the worst part of anxiety, I think you may have misunderstood what I was getting at and I do understand what you are saying by over anylizing cuz I have done that too! What I meant was that I CAN remember having some of the symptoms I have now when I was a child, I can remember being in situations like being sent to the principals office and sitting there I would have these feelings of unreality and then when I left the office they would go away! What I am getting at is that I think I have been sufferring from some sort of anxiety all of my life and that it progressed I guess? I am just wandering i ou have to have feelings of unreality to have a chemical imbalance?
Well as far as being on meds I ave tried serezone, effexor and prozac. I think the one that worked the best for me was prozac? I am currently using marijuana as a med and I can honestly say that this has worked the best for me! I bet I could open a great BIG can of worms about this being used as a med huh? I quit smoking it about ten years ago and that is when all this crap started happenning to me! I really don't like it but it has REALLY helped me so I will continue using it just lke a med and kinda taper it off once I feel comfortable without it? I have also seen a couple differrent psycholigists and that helped BIG time!
I am glad to hear you are feeling better too! Jerry