It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Dropping Buspar Cold Turkey? Starting Xanax

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-31-2003, 02:47 PM   #1
    MSH

MSH HB User
    Post Dropping Buspar Cold Turkey? Starting Xanax

I've been on Buspar for about two months (causing me tremors maybe) so I went to another doctor(who I trust more) and he told me to immediately drop Buspar and prescribed Xanax. Anyone ever dropped Buspar cold turkey??? Side-effects??? Anyone tried Xanax? Did this work? I understand it's addictive so I'm a little bothered by that fact, but if it works, even for just a while, it will be nice to feel normal again. Also, does anyone drink alcohol when on Xanax? What are the xtra effects they experienced? I drink beer a few nights a week but will stop if it has a negative or dangerous reaction.

[This message has been edited by MSH (edited 01-31-2003).]

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2003, 03:16 PM   #2
    kate_wv
    Inactive

kate_wv HB User
    I was taking BuSpar and my Dr. told me I could just stop taking it. It wasnt doing me any good at all that I could see. I didnt have any ill effects when I stopped it. I have taken Xanax in varying doses for over a year...I started out on 2mgs a day and then cut myself back. I've never had any trouble cutting my doses back when I'm feeling better. I'm in no way addicted and find it to be most effective for my anxiety. As for alcohol with Xanax..that's not good. Xanax can make you very sleepy and when you first start taking it this is even more a side effect. Alcohol only intensifies it. So on nights you want to have a beer...just dont take the Xanax...Hope this helps a bit..Good luck

------------------
    Female/50
    Generalized Anxiety Disorder/40+ years
    Depression/3 years
    Been there, done it...If I can answer any questions you might have about symptoms, treatment, etc...I'd be glad to help.

Old 01-31-2003, 03:26 PM   #3
    MSH

MSH HB User
    Kate,

That was right on point with the personal experience I needed. Thanks for taking the time for that quick response. Any other experiences by anyone would be greatly appreciated.

[This message has been edited by MSH (edited 01-31-2003).]

Old 01-31-2003, 04:21 PM   #4
    kate_wv
    Inactive

kate_wv HB User
    You're quite welcome...if you have any other concerns or questions you can call your Dr. too...everyone's experiences are different...I think you'll find the Xanax helps a lot quicker and better than BuSpar...

Closed Thread