It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Anxiety medication that doesn't interfere with contraceptive pills. URGENT

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-14-2014, 03:46 AM   #1
    AnxietyReader
    (female)

AnxietyReader HB User
    Exclamation Anxiety medication that doesn't interfere with contraceptive pills. URGENT

Hi all,
    I could really use some advice as soon as possible. I've recently started going to therapy, and for whatever reason I seem to be getting worse. I have generalised anxiety, kinda severe ocd and mild depression.
    I'm now considering meds as I can't seem to cope and I'm terrified almost all the time.
    But I'm also on a contraceptive pill called microlite and I've heard some meds can stop the pill working right. I'm scared of unplanned pregnancy so I'd really appreciate advise from anyone who's on meds who could advise me what to take?
    Obviously I'll talk to my doctor but she's a little old fashioned and I worry she might prescribe the wrong thing.
    Please help if you can as I'm really worried and need to take action soon.
    Kind regards.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2014, 06:38 AM   #2
    beamybea
    (female)

beamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB Userbeamybea HB User
    Re: Anxiety medication that doesn't interfere with contraceptive pills. URGENT

I have been on Zoloft (sertraline) for many years for the symptoms you describe. You should be able to look it up and find out everything you want to know, as well as any other medication. Check the literature for contraindications.
    As far as feeling worse not better, I have found after many years that for me it is an indication of being on the verge of some type of healing. A breakthrough of clarity or acceptance and understanding.
    Try not to let fear get in the way of your progress. Self searching and healing are so necessary for growth. Dont give up on yourself. Take it one day at a time, or one hour at a time if necessary. Feelings are not facts! Take care to nurture yourself during this process. Set realistic, reachable goals to build your self esteem. Get plenty of rest and eat healthy. Avoid caffeine(or limit it). Trust yourself and the process.
    I wish you well

Old 05-14-2014, 07:27 AM   #3
    AnxietyReader
    (female)

AnxietyReader HB User

Thanks Bea, your very kind. I am trying to take things slow but that can be difficult when so much scares you and you just want to feel normal. I know there's no quick fix though.
    So you found Zoloft to be helpful then? Does it take long to work?
    You haven't been on a birth control pill with it have you?
    I'm honestly terrified of an unplanned pregnancy, so much so that I'd rather avoid meds altogether if there's a risk which is silly as I'm at an all time low and the therapy using enough.
    It seems to be a little difficult to find out all the interactions as my birth control using an american brand and so doesn't always get listed.
    Kind wishes.o

Old 05-14-2014, 10:17 AM   #4
    AnxietyGirl74
    (female)

AnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB UserAnxietyGirl74 HB User

I'm on Paxil CR and Luvox CR and as far as I know they don't

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, contraceptive pill, depression, ocd, ssri