It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• tingling sensations

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-27-2003, 10:34 PM   #1
    marylennox84

marylennox84 HB User
    Post tingling sensations

Hi everyone. I'm a 19 year old female who has recently been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress disorder after a life threatening accident and then witnessing a terrible crime.

Anyway, I've been having chest pains and have developed hypochondria. I went to the doctor to discuss it and the possibility of having heart dysfunction, etc. She took all the tests and they all came back normal, my heart sounds fine and I have normal blood pressure.

I'd noticed a tingling sensation on the left side of my face when having an anxiety attack and also sometimes in the left leg (and arm, although I have carpal tunnel syndrome in that arm, so I'm not sure if its attributed to carpal tunnel or the panic). I noticed it when she was examining me as I had a total panic attack on the table.

So after she told me my heart was fine, being the huge hypochondriac I am, the focus has switched to the tingling/prickling sensation as sometimes I get it without having an attack (as I've noticed much more recently, after being told my heart was fine). I told her about it and she told me I shouldn't worry about it.

Lately though, its been really scaring me. I'm on Buspar and I've noticed it becoming more regular as the medicine increases and after I went for a long walk today, my feet felt tingly (but they feel normal now). I've stopped the Buspar (my psychatrist sucks so even if I call her, she probably won't call me back for like weeks) and am trying to see if the symptoms persist. I have read that tingling sensations are a rare and harmless side effect of buspar.

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? Of course I'm convinced i have MS or a brain tumor or something gravely serious, but I've been reading on tingling on the left side is somewhat common...

I've also noticed that it goes away in my face and foot with exercise and decreases in my arm (although, like I said before, the arm is partly attributed to carpal tunnel syndrome).

I have no other symptoms of any sort of disorder....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-28-2003, 11:24 AM   #2
    sileshadow

sileshadow HB User
    Hi, i have had carpal tunnel in both of my hands..and had it pretty cad until I got operated on for both (not at the same time though)any way it did tingle and go numb all the way up my to my shoulder!!!! at times I thought I was having a heart attack or something and it was that pain..when it gets that bad it could cause alot of problems and is very uncomfortable and sometimes even painful...mine bothered me mostly at night or when I was laying on it or doing something for a long period of time...but I am also experienceing tingleing and numbness in my mouth and chin these last five days...I have been really depressed and stressed out and I am hoping it will go away but it isnt and it is starting to scare me also...when I had carpal tunnel it never bothered me in the face..like you said you have it there also..I am not on any medication though I am wondering if I do need help...I am on the border line of not knowing what to do...dont know if that will help you or now...but good luck...

Old 06-28-2003, 04:17 PM   #3
    hry33
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

hry33 HB Userhry33 HB User
    anxiety or stress can cause numbness, tingling or pins and needles to the bodily extremeties such as head hands and feet
    the fight or flight response is involved, it reduces bloodflow to these places

Old 06-28-2003, 08:32 PM   #4
    housemum
    (female)

housemum HB User
    I have pretty extreme numbness and tingling on the left side of my face. I eye and cheek often twitch and tingling. I use to be really worried about it, but now it comes and goes. I'm w/d from xanax and I think that contributes as well as my frequent sinus flare-ups. It is annoying. I do know that bells palsey can cause these symptoms too, but haven't been checked for it as it goes away after a few days.

Mary, it time your symptoms will most likely lessen. If not a Dr. appt is in order. I've never heard of the MS thing? Is that a symptom of MS too....

Closed Thread