It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Inner ear issues sparking lots of anxiety?!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-06-2014, 07:32 AM   #1
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Inner ear issues sparking lots of anxiety?!

I have never had anything like this in my life. I have always been an anxious person but I learned to control the panic attacks and bad thoughts over the years and have been fine....well in march I was under a ton of stress and woke up dizzy and sick. I was diagnosed with the inner ear inflammation called labrynthitis. I cannot tell you all how much I have panicked. Everyday I'm dizzy and things don't look real to me. I freak out and can never stay calm now...my body physically hurts sometimes and now I can't tell if it's from anxiety or the labrynthitis...I just woke up this morning with my heart beating fast and thoughts racing...I've never been this bad off. I used to be so happy and energetic. I was the life of the party, now I don't even talk to my friends because it hurts to concentrate and think or walk around stores or go to movies....I feel like my life is over! Has anyone ever experienced anxiety that was sparked by an inner ear disorder or any life altering disorder? There is nothing doctors can do about labrynthitis though it has to go away on it's own and no one knows for sure when that will be...it's been almost 6 months for me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-09-2014, 03:22 PM   #2
    jmk77
    (male)

jmk77 HB User
    Re: Inner ear issues sparking lots of anxiety?!

Hey Chelly. I feel your pain regarding this. Was having it as an anxiety symptom a few weeks ago, also caused by stress. Had also a persistent sore throat, that lasted 5 weeks. I know what you mean regarding the first anxiety symptoms, and how you controlled them. I didnt think anxiety would after show up differently to me, but it did and those were the symptoms.
    But do another round of health checkups and doctor appointments just in case.

Hope you get better soon!

Last edited by msmod; 09-09-2014 at 04:09 PM.

Old 09-09-2014, 05:14 PM   #3
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User

Thanks so much! Anxiety is such a horrible thing I was so happy before. But yeah I'm not giving up yet. I'm gonna keep going and getting checked until something works. I never realized how anxiety could show up in different ways.

Old 09-16-2014, 09:22 AM   #4
    pitbull407
    (female)

pitbull407 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Chellybean18 View Post
    I have never had anything like this in my life. I have always been an anxious person but I learned to control the panic attacks and bad thoughts over the years and have been fine....well in march I was under a ton of stress and woke up dizzy and sick. I was diagnosed with the inner ear inflammation called labrynthitis. I cannot tell you all how much I have panicked. Everyday I'm dizzy and things don't look real to me. I freak out and can never stay calm now...my body physically hurts sometimes and now I can't tell if it's from anxiety or the labrynthitis...I just woke up this morning with my heart beating fast and thoughts racing...I've never been this bad off. I used to be so happy and energetic. I was the life of the party, now I don't even talk to my friends because it hurts to concentrate and think or walk around stores or go to movies....I feel like my life is over! Has anyone ever experienced anxiety that was sparked by an inner ear disorder or any life altering disorder? There is nothing doctors can do about labrynthitis though it has to go away on it's own and no one knows for sure when that will be...it's been almost 6 months for me
    Hi..I have tinnitus and my panic and agoraphobia is horrible right now.. We just retired from Michigan to Tennessee and even the elevation is getting to me....been here 2 weeks and have not felt good since...I understand...

The following user gives a hug of support to pitbull407:
    Chellybean18 (09-16-2014)
    Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, fear of dying, inner ear disorder