It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• GAD and fear of pregnancy

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2014, 11:50 AM   #1
    acht
    (male)

acht HB User
    Unhappy GAD and fear of pregnancy

Hey, I'm going to make this as short as possible but I am a 19 y.o. male (I know, you were expecting a female) who has been living with GAD for the past few years of his life.

If you have GAD you know you CONSTANTLY worry about EVERYTHING even if there is seemingly nothing to worry about.

So my newest big worry is that I've somehow gotten a friend pregnant. Quick backstory: so me and a close friend did this whole summer fling type of deal during July/August. In that period of time we had only had sex once and it wasn't unprotected. I used a condom and I was also under the impression she was on BC (she wasn't). So anyways I came inside of her and the condom DID NOT break. I checked it after when I tied it up and there was no signs of a leak or anything like that. This was 5 weeks ago.

Anyways flash forward to now and for some reason I have this overwhelming fear that I've gotten somebody who I do not want to be with pregnant and I have therefore ruined my life. We still talk daily and all of this was brought on when she said she was feeling pretty crappy over the past month due to the stress brought on to leaving home for school, all of which I thought was pretty normal until I got it into my head that maybe these were pregnancy signs.

I discreetly asked if she was on her period and she informed me that she was 2 weeks ago but it was abnormal due to the fact that it lasted about a week and a half. I don't know if this made me feel better or worst.

Is there really anything to worry about?

I feel like you guys may be able to sympathize here...

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-18-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-18-2014, 02:56 PM   #2
    Chellybean18
    (female)

Chellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB UserChellybean18 HB User
    Re: GAD and fear of pregnancy

Well I understand how you feel. I'm a female and even though I'm on birth control I always fear I am pregnant -.- it's scary but even though I know I'm not, every new thing wrong with me makes me think I am. But in your case I wouldn't think she is...so try not to worry! It's a common fear but since the condom didn't break then it should be all good. Just try and move on from the fear. fear doesn't mean you're weak...we all face it. So good luck don't worry, live your life and be as happy as you can

Last edited by ms_mod; 09-18-2014 at 03:49 PM.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, disorder, gad, generalized anxiety, worry