It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• anxiety-weak heartbeat?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-22-2003, 08:18 AM   #1
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Question anxiety-weak heartbeat?

Hi,

I was just wondering if anyone else with anxiety disorders has a weak heartbeat. It seems like everyone has palps or a booming heartbeat. Mine isn't like that. I have a very rapid, but weak heartbeat. I, also, have constant chest pressure and shortness of breath.
    I would really appreciate any replys.
    Thanks,
    Hilery

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2003, 09:17 PM   #2
    CindiBuffett
    (female)

CindiBuffett HB User
    Lots of palpitations - and a very weak pulse.
    cindi

Old 08-29-2003, 01:46 PM   #3
    carebear73

carebear73 HB User
    I know how you feel. I too get rapid heartbeat and sometimes it is weak. Sometimes I can't even feel my pulse and get really scared. Other times it is so strong it feels like it is going to explode! I also get chest pain, shorness of breath.. sometimes like someone is sitting on my chest, headache, feelings of nothing being real. It's like I am not in my own body. And the list goes on..

Old 08-30-2003, 02:18 PM   #4
    hilery79
    Senior Veteran

hilery79 HB User
    Thanks for your replys~

I have a hard time completly convincing myself that my symptoms are due to anxiety because almost everyone else seems to get palps or a forceful heart beat with their anxiety. I've never had this.
    Thanks again,
    hilery

Old 09-03-2003, 10:17 AM   #5
    d_walken

d_walken HB User
    It is defiantly different for everyone. I constantly suffer form different symptoms everyday. One day my head is foggy and I feel dizzy but I can't feel my heartbeat, and I think that worries me because most of the time I can, and it pounds. I feel the same though, that this has got to be something else but every test points to no.

Old 09-29-2003, 09:42 AM   #6
    Soodle
    (male)

Soodle HB User
    Unhappy

Hi hilery79 - sorry for the length of this post. I was wondering if this sounds familiar. My heart beat races whenever I stand up or do anything and absolutely pounds in my chest when I do light exercise (so much so that I haven't dared go to the gym in the last two months - I used to go 3-4 times a week). I am also very short of breath and also have some chest pain (also in my shoulders and throat). I have had a boat of palps eg - double beats although these haven't been a prob for several days now. I'm seing a Cardiologist soon as I want to rule out a heart valve problem (really dreading it too) although 3 trips to A&E with 3 ECG's, a chest X Ray and blood tests lead to the doctors saying it was probably anxiety - which my GP goes along with saying heart valve failure is unlikely. I am generally anxious although these symptoms are constant, even when I feel relaxed and OK. Have you heard of these symptoms before(my pulse can be normal when I lay on the couch). Do you ever think to yourself - this can't be just anxiety cos the symptoms seem so severe? Once again, sorry for the length but bI would appreciate your advice.

Old 09-29-2003, 11:15 AM   #7
    slyJohn

slyJohn HB User
    For the post above, I too used to exercise a lot but one day I was in the gym and when I finished lifting a set of weights my heart was pounding very hard and fast. I've had EKG, ECG, 24hr holter monitor, blood tests done since then and all normal. I even had these attacks of rapid heart beat on my 24hr holter monitor and my doctor said it was still normal and could only be anxiety. This was back in January. I still have them and do not dare to do anything strenuous. One thing I have been concluding to as I am learning about this is to eat more healthy. I don't think I was eating right before working out and it eventually caught up to me. I think when this all started I experienced a very bad case of hypoglycemia and dehydration from not eating right. I'm starting to eat more healthier and more better now and it's helping my heart rate lower. I am not sure if this would work for you, but this is my experience. I'm sure it will still be a lot of time before I go back to working out again.

Closed Thread