It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• I feel like I'm losing it

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-05-2014, 04:53 PM   #1
    Nan797
    (male)

Nan797 HB User
    Unhappy I feel like I'm losing it

Hello all this is my first post and I need help I am 20 about to be 21 in January. Long story short I am under incredible stress because every career Avenue has been blocked because I am color blind which leaves me hopeless and worried ans scared. I developed anxiety about 5 months ago and it started with derealization and depersonalization. I thought I was a brain tumor with the awful headaches. Nureologist said I was okay. I was good for about a month until I got really bad chest pains which I thought was a heart problem. Echocardiagram came back clear and pain went away along with more dp/Dr. So now it's been 2 weeks and I have dp/Dr again and now I feel I have early schizophrenia or something like that. I seriously can't snap out of this dream like experience and it's making me feel any moment I'm going to lose control. No one in my family has any history of mental illness. I just keep thinking I'm gonna start hearing voices or seeing things that aren't there. I feel so alone and like I won't be able to live a normal life. Sorry for the long post but I need help.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2014, 12:21 PM   #2
    Harry3194
    (male)

Harry3194 HB User
    Re: I feel like I'm losing it

Hi I was of a similar age to you when I developed anxiety and a lot of what you've said the things like losing control and feeling in a dream state is how I felt at the time and the best advice I can offer you and believe me I understand how hard it is,is to try and change your state of mind,find something to distract you and the days you don't feel like getting up ,you need to get up.You will get better and you will live a normal life and come out the other side a stronger person.

Old 11-07-2014, 04:22 PM   #3
    itburns2004
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

itburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB Useritburns2004 HB User
    Re: I feel like I'm losing it

Entering into the work force is stressful! Anxiety can show itself around your age too. Try and take one day at a time, even one hour at a time. So what you are colorblind. Not all jobs rely on this at all. There are many many jobs out there that will not care if you are colorblind one bit. You should do a little internet search and I'm sure you will find something. Many guys are colorblind and they have jobs so stop that fear cause it wont stop you from being successful. The mind has a wicked way of rationalizing and believing your thoughts, so try and stay positive and just really know being colorblind wont stop you from getting a job! Obviously not in the fashion or artsy industry but thats a tiny portion of jobs anyway.

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, depersonalization, derealization, scared, schizophrenia