It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• New to Zoloft. It was great until...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2014, 11:33 PM   #1
    Victoria85
    (female)

Victoria85 HB User
    New to Zoloft. It was great until...

Hello everyone!
    A brief history:
    I have suffered with extreme anxiety and mild depressive symptoms for as long as I can remember, probably starting after traumatic event around age 8. I always worry, my mind going to the worst case scenario. I had a baby last year, and instead of enjoying this amazing experience, I spent almost every waking moment worrying about what could happen to him. I finally sought help through a therapist, and eventually met with a psychiatrist about starting Zoloft.
    I started with 1/2 a pill, 12.5mg. That week was AMAZING!!! I had so much energy and MOTIVATION! I set goals and accomplished them instead of sitting around the house all day. I enjoyed (and even looked forward to) alone time, which is huge for me; I always would cry when alone before this. I had energy to power through my day, and any anxiety was met with the thoughts of "it will be ok. You can get through this. Take it one moment at a time."

After the first week, it was almost worse than before! I was back to being tired all the time, not looking forward to anything, panicking when alone, and the anxiety is creeping back...after consulting with my doctor, I incresed to a whole pill of 25mg, and am now at 1.5 pills...on week 4, and still chasing that 1st week energy and motivation!

Has anyone else experienced a first week of amazing change, and then a regression? When does it get better?

Thank you all in advance!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread

Tags
    anxiety, increase energy, motivation, week, zoloft