It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Anxiety Message Board

• Fed up and exhausted

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-27-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
    Bubbles16
    (female)

Bubbles16 HB User
    Unhappy Fed up and exhausted

Hello everyone, this is my first time posting. Ugh where to begin... So I suffered my first panic attack a year ago. Worst thing that has ever happened to me. I've been dealing with severe anxiety and panic attacks since then. I've had all the common symptoms that comes with this disorder but as of late my derealization has been so strong that I almost feel as though I'm not myself like if I'm losing touch with reality. My eyes feel as though they wander off, which scares me. I'm afraid I'll have a seizure or some weird autoimmune disease. I've been to doctors it's been about six to eight months since I've had a check up but when this all started I had plenty of tests done, an MRI, blood tests, you name it. It all came back normal. Yet these physical symptoms won't subside. I feel like I'm losing my mind. I'm trying to lead a normal life, but as much as I try, this is just getting to me, the derealization scares me so much. Like I get scared that I'm going to forget who I am and things like that. I don't want the rest of my life to be like this. Dealing with anxiety 24/7 no break please tell me it gets better.

The following 2 users give hugs of support to: Bubbles16
    jansonlygirl (02-09-2015)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-27-2015, 08:08 PM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Fed up and exhausted

Bubbles, welcome to the boards! Glad you got up the nerve to post and ask questions. First off, a medical cause of anxiety attacks and panic disorder is excessive thyroid hormone, which is quite common, so I would make sure your blood tests included thyroid tests, including TSH, T4 and T3. If those were done, and were normal, you might want to seek the help of a psychiatrist, who is specialized in treating this with medications. A therapist may be helpful in helping to identify any emotional causes of this. But it is important to rule out hyperthyroidism first off, as that is treatable in a different way, and is a hormonal cause for your symptoms. Regardless of cause, it can get better with appropriate treatment, so please seek out help and not live in fear.

Old 01-27-2015, 08:17 PM   #3
    Bubbles16
    (female)

Bubbles16 HB User

I've had my thyroid checked and it came back normal. That was a couple of months ago. Should I be tested again? I've gone to a psychiatrist the meds she prescribed gave me terrible side effects. I'm scared to take meds now. I've also tried CBT and it helped somewhat but I just still feel odd. I hate that I can't enjoy anything. I go outside and feel abnormal. I just want to cry. Thank you for your fast reply.

Old 02-04-2015, 03:45 AM   #4
    waterdove
    (female)

waterdove HB User

I also from severe anxiety and I take a high dosage of meds to be able to cope each day. Usually when starting the meds you will have side effects but many times, (not always) they will go away. I wish I could tell you that your anxiety will go away or get better but I can't tell you that. I would though ask your doctor to try a different medicine for you since there are so many different ones out there. I can only work part time because of the severe anxiety and many times that's too much to bear. The feeling of losing your mind is just an anxiety symptom, a very common one, just keep that in mind when you feel it and I hope my post helps you.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:33 AM   #5
    klcwd
    (female)

klcwd HB User

I also have severe anxiety. Fear, rapid heart rate, hot, cold, muscle tightening around the girth and legs, shortness of breath, no energy, exhaustion by evening, worry about facing the next day with this. I have had this in the past and was doing well on St. John's Wort and then I had carpal tunnel surgery. I don't know what happened, but now the anxiety is back and I am trying to find something else herbal to take along with St. John's Wort. May have to go back on Prozac, if I can't find something. Don't want to do that.

Last edited by klcwd; 02-06-2015 at 09:37 AM.

Old 02-15-2015, 01:04 AM   #6
    LiveMLife
    (female)

LiveMLife HB User

I have been feeling the same way for over a month now. I feel like I am in a play and that I am an actress, if that make sense.

A few things that have been helping me is really trying to stay in the present moment, which is very hard I know. I talk alot to my self in my head about different tasks I have to do, the symptoms that I am having etc... I started saying these things out loud and it has helped me in a weird way. Also, I am trying really hard to make sure I take walk around when its sunny out taking in the sun shin and talking to people. I have some pets, playing with them, talking to them and petting them really helps. Touching things helps me.... Smelling things too. Its weird but helped me. Also talk with others about what is going on, I have a few good friends that listen, they don't understand what it feels like but they help me realize what is a real feeling and what is not

Closed Thread