It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• Numb toe nerves

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 01-26-2018, 06:19 AM   #1
    retired triker
    (female)

retired triker HB User
    Numb toe nerves

The doctor said if there was just numbness in the area it wouldn't be a problem. There is a lot of pain, stinging feelings with underlying numbness after 2 years. I guess not all doctors are the same.

RT

Last edited by Administrator; 01-31-2018 at 07:39 AM.

The Following User Says Thank You to retired triker For This Useful Post:
    gmak (01-31-2018)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-26-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
    Re: Any experience with neuromas of the footie?

Did they not tell you that the area where the neuroma was would be numb? They've removed the nerve ending so you won't have any feeling there. It will bug you at first but eventually you won't notice it any more. I don't.

A neuroma is a growth at the end of the nerve. Removing it removes part of the nerve so that it will always be numb around that area. Perhaps you have a "stump neuroma" which sometimes occur. I would see a sports med ortho who is Foot & Ankle Board certified to get to the bottom of your issue.

Old 01-27-2018, 07:31 AM   #3
    retired triker
    (female)

retired triker HB User

I was never told about the nerve endings being cut. The doc mentioned there would be a little numbness in the area but nothing about cutting nerves. After the surgery he said the it was a lot bigger than he expected and it took longer to dig it out. You taught me something I will not forget! Going to a sports doc is out of the question right now. I'm on a fixed income and have just paid off the bills from the foot problem and I have to find a wheelchair van and batteries for a power chair I was given before spring. I believe in miracles so I don't lose hope on any of this.
    Thanks for the info!

Old 01-27-2018, 09:08 AM   #4
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

You are most welcome. If it was large, yes, you'll have a larger area of numbness. Hope you get everything sorted out. Hugs to you!

Old 01-31-2018, 02:07 AM   #5
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi triker, I have Arachnoiditis and the numb but painful toes were my first sign of nerve damage after years of unexplained severe back pain. I am sorry the neurologicist was not helpful and I’m surprised the neurologist didn’t order an mri with contrast and/ or an EMG. However, i understand the costs of medical procedures can be expensive. If i can be of help regarding Arachnoiditis please let me know. There is an Arachnoiditis board here on Healthboards. I hope you feel better and in the spring and summer we can wear flip flops again!

Last edited by Administrator; 01-31-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Reply Reply