It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• temporal lobe issues

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 12-30-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
    chthonic
    (male)

chthonic HB User
    Post temporal lobe issues

ok I have been experiencing the same and some additional symptoms since 1988 it was the reason why I was discharged from the military..

the only difference is that I originally had a temporal mass anomaly and temporal lobe slowing.. both right and left... but the right slowed more than teh left and a severe myoclonic spasm.. this happened more than once

meds have never helped me.. in fact they always made it worse

Last edited by mentalhealth mod; 12-31-2009 at 05:41 PM. Reason: original thread was seven years old

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-31-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
    itsmeonmv
    (female)

itsmeonmv HB User
    Re: Temporal Lobe Frustrations!..any advice? SSRI's

Can you please tell me how you are doing now. My 14 year old son is going through something similar. We just received eeg results and they are suggesting a sleep deprived eeg. Thanks! Lisa

Old 01-01-2010, 06:14 AM   #3
    chthonic
    (male)

chthonic HB User
    Re: Temporal Lobe Frustrations!..any advice? SSRI's

Quote:
    Originally Posted by itsmeonmv View Post
    Can you please tell me how you are doing now. My 14 year old son is going through something similar. We just received eeg results and they are suggesting a sleep deprived eeg. Thanks! Lisa
    the VA is running more tests on me and the symptoms havent changed except for periodic flare ups... but they never seems to subside either.

this has been going on for 21yrs

just pay attention to how light, sound, temp, odors and vibrations affect him, and if he has trouble using his arms and legs and sleeping. I was just diagnosed with nerve damage in addition to impaired mobility.. but that took several years to develop and I am always in some degree of "discomfort" when sitting or moving.

as for the EEG... I just had a normal EEG test .. and that.. well I am not sure.. I could feel "something" happen a couple of times as I was drifting.... but a sleep deprived will definitely show better results... outside of the no sleep part the test is essentially the same... and I have always had myoclonic jerks during my sleep deprived EEG's.

stress management and diet control help prevent the flare ups...

but keep in mind that depression and a condition called Arachnoiditis also exhibit similar symptoms. Arachnoiditis more closely resembles the list of symptoms... but all I can do is guess... it's up to the doctors to make a decision based on test results.

the key factor is reaction to medication and household chemicals such as cleaners and hygiene products etc, and whether or not they make him worse... constantly getting a rash from these products etc is also a point to note... just dont let him know about this stuff ahead of time, only discuss what he has already experienced and wait for him to mention anything else... keep notes and see how things progress.... that information is very helpful to doctors.

Closed Thread