It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• Vocational expert

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 02-09-2011, 08:22 AM   #1
    Harmoney
    Inactive
    (female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User
    Vocational expert

I've read here how the vocational expert spoke at everyone's hearing about their opinion if someone can work, how much they think the person is disabled, and if the person can find and do the type of work they did before. The vocational expert never was asked a question and never said a word at mine, she just sat there. Why was she there even? Does this sound like I will be denied because she wasn't asked anything?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-09-2011, 08:59 AM   #2
    twohands
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

twohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB Usertwohands HB User
    Re: Vocational expert

On the contrary. Most often when the vocational expert isn't asked to speak it's because the judge has already determined there's enough proof that you're disabled, so there's no need for their testimony. Without knowing all of the facts in your case I can't say for sure this is what happened with your hearing, but chances are that's what happened.

In my case, the medical expert testified he felt I had arachnoiditis-equivalency (bad scar tissue in the spine from several spine surgeries), and that's one of the approx. 6 golden ticket conditions that almost guarantee you'll be approved. After the judge heard that, he never questioned the voc expert and I ended up being approved.

Old 02-09-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
    dismama
    Veteran
    (female)

dismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB Userdismama HB User

It is a positive thing. It means the judge was able to make a decision without the imput of the ve. My judge didn't even ask the ve anything. I was approved on the spot.

Old 02-09-2011, 12:48 PM   #4
    Harmoney
    Inactive
    (female)

Harmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB UserHarmoney HB User

Hi, Thanks for your reply. I'm glad you were approved on the spot, but I didn't get an approval. My lawyer told me it would most likely be 40 to 60 days before I find out. Then he even said I had a 50/50 chance. The psychiatrist and therapists all agreed I was a 45 whatever that exactly means. It scares me having the lawyer say it will be a 50/50 chance. I'm trying to not be anxious but I can't help but worry as I'm a worry wart anyway. What do you think of the 50/50 comment?

Old 02-09-2011, 05:02 PM   #5
    jgrangran
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

jgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB Userjgrangran HB User

To me some lawyers are just that way never wanting to say anything. But hang in there I agree with the others if the ve didnt say anything hopefully its a good sign. Please keep us inform if you hear. People on this board are nice and very helpful if you need to talk there are people who will listen. Good Luck To You. God Bless

Old 02-09-2011, 06:16 PM   #6
    hlihl365
    (female)

hlihl365 HB Userhlihl365 HB User

at mine he was asked and that is how I got mine, I belive it was what he told the JUDGE and so does my attornery.. so if he hadn't asked him what he thought I may not have gotten mine.. so everyone is different.

Old 02-09-2011, 06:59 PM   #7
    SpineAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

SpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB UserSpineAZ HB User

The Vocational Expert is a Certified Vocational Counselor (CRC) with extensive history in vocational rehabilitation. They are also very skilled in analyzing jobs, what is required of jobs, what abilities/limitations effect jobs, etc.

Old 02-11-2011, 09:24 PM   #8
    msgenerallee
    (female)

msgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB Usermsgenerallee HB User

i hate VE ! on my alj hearing for my first app (hearing was in 2008) the ve was 45 minutes late, only heared the last 2 questions & answers i gave, alj asked him a few questions, attorney crossed-examed him. end of hearing.. he was never introduced nor sworn in.... i was denied..

i would say 95% of the time, either a medical expert or a ve is called to the hearing...

The following user gives a hug of support to msgenerallee:
    Twizted27 (02-13-2011)
    Closed Thread