It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• arachnoiditis and climate

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #1
    mosheat
    (male)

mosheat HB User
    Question arachnoiditis and climate

I suffer from adheisive arachnoiditis I was wanting to know if anyone suffering same has moved to a warm dry climate to help tolerate the pain.I was thinking of moving to south Florida,from Tenn. to get away from this colder area.If you have made a move for simular reason I would like to hear from you.Mike

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-31-2013, 12:32 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: arachnoiditis and climate

Quote:
    Originally Posted by mosheat View Post
    I suffer from adheisive arachnoiditis I was wanting to know if anyone suffering same has moved to a warm dry climate to help tolerate the pain.I was thinking of moving to south Florida,from Tenn. to get away from this colder area.If you have made a move for simular reason I would like to hear from you.Mike
    Hi mosheat, Sorry i didnt see you post until now,i have adhesive arachnoiditis too. I didnt move but i live in texas where its warm most of the year but humid but no snow & rarely freezing weather. Did you want to ask if it made a difference in pain being in warm location because i think it helps some just going by friends with arach in ireland, canada, new jersey, colorado & nebraska. I definitely dont suffer as many nerve symptoms in my feet & legs as much as they do & as much pain is subjective but i personally hurt more in the winter,buy its so much shorter of a winter & they suffer many months longer about 3-5 months more. How are you doing being that its summertime everywhere now?

Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #3
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User

I don't know specifically about AA, but with most diseases that affect the nerves in a similar way, more than the cold, it is the humidity that has the effect.

However, some recent studies have shown that while moving to a dry climate has a beneficial result initially, within two years the body adjusts and gets used to the new climate. So it doesn't really help to "try" a new climate for a few months. You may feel better, but it will probably be temporary.

Old 09-30-2013, 12:56 PM   #4
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Hi,
    warm is good but NO humidity; this is what so bad for pain. I have AARC also plus auto-immune conditions which doing better when the weather is warm.
    I was told by my RA that moving to a warm weather climate is not good enough, it has to be Dry Heat, only than I can expect some pain and inflammation relieve.

Best of luck to you
    Moldova

Old 09-30-2013, 01:23 PM   #5
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User

Hi moldova, I think with Texas & NJ there will be humidity hands down! I rarely have snow or ice or freezing temps but i usually do worse in the winter weather even though mild. Do the freezing temps make you hurt as much as humidity?

Closed Thread