It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• have Arachnoiditis & can't walk on my foot!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-11-2013, 08:23 AM   #1
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Unhappy have Arachnoiditis & can't walk on my foot!

Hi, I have arachnoiditis & have had neuropathy symptoms in my feet but all intermittent things like tingling, numbness until it started having weird sensations like a piece of glass was in my foot or like a bee just stung me until yesterday out of the blue my toes felt like they were being closed in a vise grip. Later last evening it spreads up to the ball of my foot, then heel, ankle now my knee to toes. This sounds so weird to say but it feels like its "shriveling up" like the arch is closing like i would imagine a shriveled hand but it looks normal except for a sunburn looking red 2inch wide strip around my ankle.What in the world is this? I slept one hour last night & woke with bad nerve pain in left foot so severe i cant walk on it! My back is way too crummy to be hopping on one foot! I have tried ice, hot bath, TENS, elevating, morphine, muscle relaxer to no avail! Called my dr waiting for a call back. My question is this will go away right? This will get better? My husband & my sons are out of town so im "beached" on the couch!Lol its not really funny, it hurts 10 more than i remember sciatica hurting. Also, my spine NS out of town until 23rd! Any help, suggestions please? Thank you so much!
    Update: the severe pain with stepping on my foot has spread to my right foot & to up my legs to my back with severe excruciating pain! Dr put me on steroids & if no improvement im to call him otherwise call monday. I still cant walk at all, i am here alone so stranded!
    Update: i can walk today, still have "nerve weirdness" in feet & back pain stubbornly severe but i can "stand" to stand on my feet!
    I have a new question. I can walk to get to kitchen, bath, bed but im walking like a drunk, staggering, has anyone else had these balance issues for hours & hours, days & recovered fully? When i have numbness in both feet, of course i almost fall but this is pain, much relieved from yesterday but still having it & im really off balance. Ive had arc 24 years but just found out a year ago. Its scary not knowing if this is it, the time i dont get my walking back to normal. I was reading about a lady who had it 19 years & besides pain & a few symptoms she was just like always then it started progressing really fast affecting mobility & other lower body function. Is there any way to know if this is quickly progressing now? Arc is located from conus stretched down to L3 & tethered then L3-S1-2,caudally to tailbone & the spinal nerves are all completely one entity with the dura. Any info or answers or personal experiences anyone? I would be so very grateful!

Last edited by gmak; 10-12-2013 at 01:24 PM. Reason: update

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Re: have arach & cant walk on my foot!

Hi all, I thought it would be a great idea if all of us that have been diagnosed with arach could say a little about our stage, progress, hints, tips on coping, sharing info so that we could support one another? What do you think? If you have arach i would love to hear from you!

Last edited by gmak; 10-17-2013 at 11:29 AM.

Old 10-17-2013, 11:33 AM   #3
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: have arach & cant walk on my foot!

Quote:
    Originally Posted by gmak View Post
    Hi all, I thought it would be a great idea if all of us that have been diagnosed with arach could say a little about our stage, progress, hints, tips on coping, sharing info so that we could support one another? What do you think? If you have arach i would love to hear from you!

Hi, I have a confusing problem. Opiates can cause numbness & neuropathy in feet, lyrica lists it as a side effect or is it just the symptoms of advancing arach. Anyone else wonder how much is caused by meds or disease progression? Anyone know how to figure out which is which?

Old 10-20-2013, 06:11 AM   #4
    teteri66
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

teteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB Userteteri66 HB User
    Re: have Arachnoiditis & can't walk on my foot!

I am away from home, settling my aunt's estate, disposing of possessions and cleaning out the house, so haven't been on the board much.

Did you get over the problem with your feet or I should say, can you stand on them again and walk a little bit? Maybe you should pull out a walker for awhile so you don't fall.

I think I know that "shrinking" feeling. I describe it as though I have rubber bands attached to toes and heel, trying to pull my foot tighter, from the bottom. I have it a little bit all the time, and sometimes it is very bad.

Old 10-20-2013, 06:50 AM   #5
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Re: have Arachnoiditis & can't walk on my foot!

Hi teteri! Right. Thats exactly it, "shrinking"! I have numbness, tingling all the time but this was new for me, weird & awful! Im glad you know what i mean but really sorry that you have it at the same time.Ive had it before but never to the point i couldnt bear weight on my feet. The scariest part was wondering if it was going to stay! Im better after the steroids, feet back to normal for me but my back is killing me right now. Ive been thinking about you & all that you have to do taking care of aunts estate & praying. Be really really careful with yourself, you are very valuable to all of us here! Thank you for understanding about my weird description & taking time to write to me!

Closed Thread