It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• dizziness

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-12-2013, 03:13 PM   #1
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User
    dizziness

I went to see my GP this week because over the last couple of weeks I was getting bouts of dizziness (I can only describe it as a swaying feeling which lasts a few seconds) but can happen when I am resting. She has prescribed me some tablets which I have to take 3 times a day. I also get frontal headaches but they are not bad (I can only describe it as the sort of headache you get when you are subjected to bright light). I have decided to make an appointment with the opticians just to get a check up on eyes etc. Should I be worried? I was googling frontal headaches and dizziness today and it kept coming up with brain tumour :-(

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-13-2013, 01:19 PM   #2
    gmak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

gmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB Usergmak HB User
    Talking Re: dizziness

Quote:
    Originally Posted by dewing View Post
    I went to see my GP this week because over the last couple of weeks I was getting bouts of dizziness (I can only describe it as a swaying feeling which lasts a few seconds) but can happen when I am resting. She has prescribed me some tablets which I have to take 3 times a day. I also get frontal headaches but they are not bad (I can only describe it as the sort of headache you get when you are subjected to bright light). I have decided to make an appointment with the opticians just to get a check up on eyes hoetc. Should I be worried? I was googling frontal headaches and dizziness today and it kept coming up with brain tumour :-(
    Hi dewing, Did you have any other symptoms with the dizziness & did the gp check you for illness? Is your diabetes under control? I have had dizziness & headaches from inner ear infection & a sinus infection that hurt behind my eyes & on my forehead. Also, from pain, i think, pushing my blood pressure up a little with heart pounding, headache & dizziness. I wouldnt start worrying yet if i were you but if it continued i would feel better if i had a very thorough carefully done exam by a dr that really checked me over instead of a quick peek & also with xrays & bloodwork, & i would want a thorough eye exam by an opthalmologist M.D., not just a vision check like for glasses by an optician or optometrist. Im sorry
    that you are feeling bad & hope that you get better soon! I have arachnoiditis, do you? Because it can cause dizziness & headaches also from what i have been told.

Last edited by gmak; 11-13-2013 at 01:22 PM.

Old 11-14-2013, 03:57 PM   #3
    dewing
    (female)

dewing HB User
    Re: dizziness

GP checked me over and apart from my BP being slightly high, everything seemed OK. She has given me tablets to take 3 times a day (Stemetil) and I went to get my eyes checked today and my eyesight has deteriorated since April this year so she has advised me to wear my glasses all the time. She also checked me for anything underlying ie something serious like a brain tumour and she said she couldn't see anything out of the ordinary. I am wondering if this is sinus related. At the moment I feel a pressure on my forehead - all very strange to be honest.

Old 02-22-2014, 09:21 AM   #4
    Moldova
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User
    Re: dizziness

Hi there,
    I live with severe dizziness,front and sides headaches. It took a year to discover WHY. I seen eye Dr, Neurologist, you name it.
    Finally I was send to ENT who performed special test on me. Sorry, I forgot the name of the test, but it performed in a dark room, wearing big special glasses. Patient on a bed; they move the bed in a different directions.
    Not only I got Vertigo, I got serious vestibular disorder which caused me 35% hearing loss in one ear, but I never knew about it!!!
    It came in one day so severe, that I couldn't get up. I was throwing up and was admitted to the hospital with it. I had many diagnoses during this time, until the test I was talking about.
    Not much they can do for it just a pill. Some days it works, some days not.
    Dizziness and headaches have to be addressed. If they can't find the reason, but symptoms continue, see good ENT. Its amazing what they can offer for such problem

Best wishes to you. I hope it no more than infection and temp inconvenience.
    Moldova

Closed Thread