It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Arachnoiditis Message Board

• MRI Interpretation

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-10-2014, 01:38 PM   #1
    torrea40
    (male)

torrea40 HB User
    MRI Interpretation

History Pain
    Technique: An MRI of the cervical spine was performed using multiple MRI sequences.

Findings: Very limited examination of the upper cervical spine due a artifact arising from dental hardware.

The visualized cervical cord has normal signal and shape in all pulse sequences.

The vertebral bodies show normal heigth signal and alignment.

The C3-C4 interspaces is partially visualized with posteromedial disc osteophyte complex which causes mild central canal and bilateral neural foramina narrowing. The C4-C5 interspace shows posteromedical disc osteophyte complex which causes mild- moderate central canal and bilateral neural foramina narrowing.

The C5-C6 interspace shows posteromedial disc osteophyte complex which causes mild central canal and bilateral neural foramina narrowing. The C6/C7 interspace shows tiny posteromedial disc bulge which causes minimal central canal narrowing. The C7-T1 interspace shows mild facet degenerative hypertrophy which causes mild bilateral neural foramina narrowing.

Impression:
    1. Mild spondylotic changes of the mid and lower cervical spine, limited evaluation due to artifact arising from dental hardware.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-10-2014, 04:15 PM   #2
    blazefighter911
    (male)

blazefighter911 HB User
    Re: MRI Interpretation

It would be helpful to know your age and if this pain is related to any previous trauma ? Also you type of work and life style. As from just reading the MRI results it seems like mild degeneration of the vertebral column which is normal with age and sometimes line of work. You also have a slight bulge in a disc in your cervical spine which could be causing some discomfort. however nothing else really screams out at me. There is no impingement on the spinal chord so that is good news.

Reply Reply