PDA

View Full Version : Elevated Platelets

rhlove24
03-29-2015, 02:36 PM
Hi All -

Really looking for info and positive experiences, but reality as well!

I am 35 years old, delivered a baby via c-section 5 months ago and have been moving forward with doctors due to elevated platelets that are steadily increasing.

Feb 18, 2015 - count was 392 (not high, but higher than my norm, so my GP retested)

Few weeks later - count was 432 - now we've got a problem and a trend! The scare factor began to kick in.

March 23 - saw hematologist - count was 444. Trend of rising continues. Getting really scared.

March 25 - ER (basically because I stressed myself out so bad and was convinced I had ovarian cancer) - they did an Ultrasound - everything in the reproductive region came back normal. However - Platelets were now 478. So the rising continues.

I am scheduled to return to the hematologist on 4/6 for the results of the testing he did (I had gotten the WBC, RBC, and platelets that day - but addt'l results will take longer).

I am scared to death - google of course has led me to believe I have a deadly blood cancer or other cancer in my body. I am 35, have a 5 year old daughter and 5 month old daughter that I need to be here for! I am SCARED TO DEATH.

What could be the problem.

Addt'l medical info -

Blood counts during pregnancy were all normal - no high platelets.

C-section was perfectly fine - no problems. I breastfed for about 2.5 months - no problems except repeatedly clogged ducts - everything fine there now though. C-section scar is fine - still no feeling on one side of it - about an inch long or so. No pain though behind it.

Also had a small mole removed from my back about 3 months ago - biopsy came back totally benign there and scar there is fine.

I have had eczema all my life and it has been flaring up the past few months. I have not used corticosteroids.

No other medical info I can think of.

PLEASE HELP!!!! Can't wait till doctors appt on April 6th.

Thank you!