PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety, panic, weird thoughts

mart979
04-18-2015, 08:44 AM
So, I have OCD and I over analyze everything. I have been obsessed with fears of aging, life and existence for years now. I don't know how to stop worrying about it. I have panic attacks and I have slipped into some weird state of mind and I can't snap out of it. Everything just looks weird. I can't really put it into words. It's like I have forgotten the way I used to perceive life and everything looks unfamiliar like a weird scary dream. It makes me question what reality really is. Anyone know what this is and if it gets better?

pipsey
05-10-2015, 12:05 AM
Rest assured I have gone through this very thing.
I have all kinds of anxiety issues and feel like something is very wrong with me as I feel a sense of depersonalistaion as you describe. Its like there is a veil between you and reality.
These things are all very much part of anxiety and depression. You can be breathing shallow and not even realise as it has become such a habit and that can make you feel slightly out of reality and not in touch. Also as I mention depersonalisation is pyschological and given the fact you suffer OCD it seems like you are going through some stress.
Stress can do so many strange things to us and make our thoughts weird and feel like we are losing control.
I am very much in the same situation but I realise my problem but inderneath still secretly feel there is something wrong with my brain :(
Its aweful and you get stuck on a anxiety iver analysing merry go round because of symptoms.
Try and find something that works for you to relax and think about readressing your consious thoughts and changing the thoughts bit by bit from negative to positive.
Adaquate sleep is huge for good mental health and thinking.
Also obviously diet and exercise.
I know it sounds obvious and simple but all of these things bit by bit and day by day will get you to a better place mentally and emotionally.
Anxiety is only as powerful as we let it become and I am in the process of tackeling these things too.
Wishing you all the best and totally understand and acknowledge how you are feeling. X

MSNik
05-10-2015, 09:34 AM
Hi are you seeing a doctor for this? Its a horrible way to live, feeling like you describe. What it is, is a panic attack. Why its lasting so long is something that you need to address with a physician. A combination of pyschotherapy as well as prescription medication can help..

Monicca
05-28-2015, 03:43 AM
I think you need to try some helpful techniques like yoga, deep breathing and meditation. These are very helpful in all kinds of psychological and physical conditions. Another thing that can also help is the religion. If you believe and follow religion, give some more time to it practically. If you don't follow any religion then try to read about different religions and thoroughly analyse each and every one. Select a path which seems better to you than the others. Hopefully, It will help you.

mart979
05-28-2015, 07:08 PM
Hey! Thank you so much for the response. I originally posted about this a few years ago, but am still dealing with it. It kinda comes and goes. I have recently started doing yoga and breathing exercises. Hoping it helps.

Carla91
06-09-2015, 01:18 AM
Hi, so sorry to hear that you are living this way, but it doesn't have to stay this way! My sister, back in January had a mental breakdown where she went into full panic and could not be snapped out of it until she was hospitalized for 2 weeks, during this time she learned what had been going on for years, while there she was medicated and her symptoms stopped immediately after. She was then diagnosed with bipolar disorder (not saying you have that), but in addition to that, they told us that she has extreme anxiety and had been living in that state for quite some time. Long story short, she was prescribed a few things, but for her anxiety, Ativan, takes it every day and her anxiety is gone! She has no more scary and/or over-analytical thoughts. So if you feel this way, definitely talk to a doctor, there is help for this situation and it will get better. Best of luck to you! :)