PDA

View Full Version : Newly Diagnosed with Melanoma and Basal cancer

dkd1962
04-18-2015, 10:30 AM
I was going to physical therapy for my back. My therapist told me that I needed to have the spot on my right arm checked. That some people get skin cancer. I went to see my doctor because I had other issues with my heath. I can't even remember why know but I had her look at my arm. Her first words were this needs to be biopsied. I was also having an asthma attack by the time she came in the room. When I got home I made an appointment to see the dermatologist. They made my appointment for April 1st. The doctor looked at 2 spots and did a biopsy. She told me I had cancer, but she felt that it was one of the cell cancers. A week later she called me and told me I has Basal cell cancer on my forehead and Melanoma on my arm. The report came back T2b which is a tumor 2mm with ulceration. Clarks level lV. I have already been to see the surgeon. Since my biopsy there is more growth another 1mm. The surgeon said that he was going to take out the cancer first, the do a sentinel lymph node biopsy. He feels that the cancer is draining to the lymph nodes under my arm pit.

I do know that I am mad, angry, to the point I want to hurt someone. I was diagnosed with Rheumatoid Arthritis and for anyone who doesn't have it doesn't realize that the name is very miss leading. It is an autoimmune disease. My doctor wanted to put me on different medications for the R.A I did research and they all could cause cancer. I told my doctor that cancer ran in my family big time. My Aunt and cousin have skin cancer removed all the time, there is breast, uterine, bladder, ovarian, . My doctor told me that none of his patients had gotten cancer. I was put on Methotrexate, Remicade, and three other drugs before I finally said no more. Six months later I ended up with nodules on my lungs. I have gone through two years of cat scans. I know have R.A-ILD. Life expectancy on this is 2.6 years. It has been 1.5 years since my diagnoses. Now I have skin cancer. Now I wonder if it has spread to my lungs. I also wonder what other areas, My Aunt after going through breast cancer and basal cell cancer and know kidney cancer. I was also going through Physical Therapy . They told me yesterday that I would have to wait until after my surgery. Everything that they have been doing to me could cause the cancer to spread.

Now I don't know what to do? I feel that if it has spread to my lungs, there is no cure, If it has spread anywhere else What is my autoimmune disease going to do to it. There is no cure for R.A. I am mentally, Physically and emotionally distraught.