PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone else worried they'll deal with this forever?

Saffron83
04-30-2015, 09:14 PM
Does anyone else worry they'll never be happy and carefree again? I look at other people who live normal lives (at least what it looks like) and are happy, and I'm so envious. I know everyone has their problems, but it seems like having to deal with these thoughts ALL THE TIME this is on another level. It's like you're trapped in your own mind. I am so scared I'll never be free of this.

I just want to be happy and excited about life, and I'm so far from that. I dread having to deal with this forever. All I can think is, I have a long road of hardship ahead of me for the rest of my life, and this is how life is. No one should live like that.

Nadeen32
05-11-2015, 08:20 PM
I understand completely. I'm a checker and I need constant reassurance. Some days I am successful, but I always return to my constant checking and worrying. I try little techniques and therapy tips to curve my thinking, but I constantly feel depressed.

Normal people don't feel this way. They are carefree and happy. I want happy thoughts and peace of mind to be my norm. It's difficult to accept that some people suffer. You are not alone!

Trismagistas
06-03-2015, 06:06 AM
I don't know if you worry count or dance as my pap called it I've lived with it as long as I can remember 5 or so. I'm 35 now and just got the balls to try and get help .It hasn't stopped for me it only changes like seasons and it's seams to make sense to wear a coat in the winter and shorts in summer. If your not in control at least do your best to be comfortable. Best wishes.