PDA

View Full Version : Nerve pain after mole removal

Play_Hard
05-03-2015, 03:13 AM
I had a mole, which appeared to be more of a dark skin tag, removed on Friday. The nurse practitioner injected some lidocaine in the area and cut the mole out. About 20 minutes after the procedure, I had some soreness around my left shoulder blade. I thought it was odd, but started to wonder if the nurse hit a nerve while cutting or injecting.

I have never had back pain in this area ever before, so I'm convinced that this pain has something to do with the procedure. It hurts to take a deep breath and I have a slight cough (getting over a cold), which is creating a whole lot of pain when I cough.

I have been icing, taking Motrin and stretching, but nothing relieves the pain! What on earth happened? I would have never had this mole removed had I known how much pain I'd be dealing with!

Help, what can be done for this?

Edit... Very strange situation, but it took about 2 weeks for my back pain to go away. Apparently, a nerve was disturbed when the mole was cut out and caused me a great deal of pain.

Play_Hard
05-03-2015, 11:22 AM
Deleted message

neuroproblem
06-09-2015, 01:53 AM
I had a mole, which appeared to be more of a dark skin tag, removed on Friday. The nurse practitioner injected some lidocaine in the area and cut the mole out. About 20 minutes after the procedure, I had some soreness around my left shoulder blade. I thought it was odd, but started to wonder if the nurse hit a nerve while cutting or injecting.

I have never had back pain in this area ever before, so I'm convinced that this pain has something to do with the procedure. It hurts to take a deep breath and I have a slight cough (getting over a cold), which is creating a whole lot of pain when I cough.

I have been icing, taking Motrin and stretching, but nothing relieves the pain! What on earth happened? I would have never had this mole removed had I known how much pain I'd be dealing with!

Help, what can be done for this?

Edit... Very strange situation, but it took about 2 weeks for my back pain to go away. Apparently, a nerve was disturbed when the mole was cut out and caused me a great deal of pain.

the injection couldve also contribute to the soreness as well. After i had a vaccine for tdap, a couple years ago, my muscle was sore for several days.