PDA

View Full Version : Wife to meth addict

Tamsta
05-14-2015, 06:40 AM
Ok.. This is going to take a while.. I first discovered my husband.. (Then boyfriend) was addicted to meth 15 years ago.. It was only 3 years ago when I kicked him out.. I had heard it all.. I found syringes again so he could nt (although he tried) deny it.. We had a 2 and a 5 year old at the time.. We barely spoke for 18 mths.. He moved into his parents house. He was 38 at the time.. With no possessions and no money after always maintaining a full time job.. He was a sub contractor so he used every trick in the book.. Anyway, a year and a half after our seperation, I began to see a new person and listen to his pleas.. again.. He vowed he d reached rock bottom and he detested drugs and would never, ever use them again.. We have been reunited for 18 mths and over the past few months I have suspected him of drug taking on 3 occasions.. He had an answer for each and every one.. I forgot to mention, during our time apart, he attended the First Steps program.. Basically, a lot of things hav nt added up recently so I needed to vent my thoughts on a forum such as this.. One of the things I have recently found are a container full of cotton cigarette butts.. Cleanly cut off the tobacco.. I have since learnt that these are used to filter syringes.. His car always reeks of Nilodor to the point of giving you a headache.. Attempting to mask the smell.. Other things such as having 2 small car accidents in the space of a week and needing money for 2 new tyres sent alarm bells ringing.. Just sat night he said he bit into a bacon sandwich on his way to work and returned complaining of excruciating pain and stated he needed to go to the dentist first thing mon morn and it would prob cost a lot coz he felt he d need a root canal.. Anyway, I noticed he continued to eat, sleep and function fine.. Who does that with excruciating tooth ache!? A good story for a wod of money.. The clencher was listening to a voice mail on his phone stating "He needed to get in contact with some girl, coz she was going to have to get the big guns onto things now.. It s not even that much".. He states this was a wrong number and denies everything.. He s been sleeping in the sleep out.. I've asked him to leave but he refuses.. He went crazy this avo and threw me up in the air several times whilst shaking me.. Im amazed that he could actually do it.. I'm slim but not skinny.. I'm still in shock I think.. He repeatedly said "I really want to hit you eh".. And Got right up in my face.. Luckily the kids were on the tramp out the front but they heard.. He cont to say "you ve lost it".. Implying that I'm the crazy one.. Exhausted and had enough..

Phoenix
05-17-2015, 03:37 AM
Hello Tamsta and welcome. :wave:

Have you considered attending naranon or alanon meetings?

They can be quite helpful in situations such as this.

If he is exhibiting signs of former addictive behavior patterns then looking out for both your children and self should be paramount.

Respectfully
Phoenix