PDA

View Full Version : Central serous retinopathy (CSR)

None ya
06-02-2015, 09:08 PM
Over the past three years I've had recurring bouts of CSR. Diagnosed by an Ophthalmologist. That was several years ago and I haven't seen a doctor since then.

He said it would likely go away on its own and not recur. He was wrong about the recurrence. Since then I have had at least a dozen. When you have an occurance you know about it by the visual effects, strobing, flashing colors and geometric patters. They'd be pretty if it wasn't damaging my eyesight.

My right eye, the one which is most heavily affected, has suffered severe damage and is no longer correctable to 20/20 with corrective lenses (not even close).

I've searched the web for information. Most state, as my Doctor did, that the cause is not clear and that it usually 'goes away' on its own. There are suspected ties to stress and caffeine. But avoiding those factors has not been any help that I can attest to. Every report I've read indicates that it usually isn't anything to be too worried about. But then there's the 3%, like me, who are losing their eyesight from it.

I can go months between any symptoms, and then bang another recurrance!

I'm 61 years old and this condition first became apparent 3-4 years ago.

EDIT: I just found the sub-forum for eyesight. Perhaps this post would be better placed there. Mods, feel free to move if you see fit.