PDA

View Full Version : ACDF Surgery

pooey415
06-16-2015, 09:19 AM
Hello Everyone! I hope all is well!!!

Please help! I had an MRI done on my neck in April 2015. The findings were as followed...

C 5-6: The study reveals mild bulging of the C 5-6 disc without significant stenosis.

C 6-7: the examination reveals a large severe disc extrusion centered to the right of midline. A large tear of the annulus is noted posteriorly. The extruded disc material measures an estimated 7 x 8 mm in the axial plane with a craniocaudal diameter of approximately 11 mm. There is significant mass effect upon the thecal sac with mass effect upon the cord which is deviated posterior laterally to the left. There is compression of the right hemicord and a severe central canal stenosis. The central canal measures approximately 6.5 mm AP diameter at midline and 6.5 mm measured obliquely from the herniated disc to the left posterior lateral margin. There is encroachment upon the right lateral recess and neural foramen with a moderate right neural foraminal stenosis. Mild left neural foraminal narrowing is suggested as well with collapse of the disc space posterior laterally on the left noted as well.

I seen an Ortho and his suggestion is for me to get ACDF at C 5-6 and C 6-7 as soon as possible. I'm going to get a 2nd opinion from another Ortho June 18, 2015. I am having a lot of pain, numbness and tingling in my right arm. I can't feel 3 of my fingers at this point. I would like to hear from people who have already had this surgery. Can you please let me know the pros and cons...also what should I ask the 2nd Ortho?

Please HELP...I thank you in advanced!!!
BE Bless / RESPECT