PDA

View Full Version : Possible lymphoma?

savagescot
06-21-2015, 03:39 PM
Hello everyone,
Just found this website today, very informative reading through some posts.
Im a 40yr old male.
If anyone could give their insight it would be great !

Back in December/January had lesion/bump on right inside shin.
Doc thouught possible osteomyelitis. did xray,US,bone scan- all normal
Was put on antibiotics, it went down. but not away totally.

I had a bout of shingles in february, got swollen armpit right at that time, same side as shingles rash.

Was told by doc that it could take 2 months or so to go away.

Now 3-4 months later still have that swollen armpit, squishy swollen , no pain.
Now other armpit is also swollen, same way not as bad.

I have a swollen lymph node above collarbone, opposite side of shingles location which is squishy also not firm.

swollen gland in throat, thyroid area, that is making throat scratchy.

and also a firmer swollen cervical node in neck at back below ear. i think ive had that one for over a year. never thought much of it till these other symptoms appeared.

i also now have matching tender lesions on both interior shins.
which i think is erythema nodosum.

I have read that lymphadenopathy and EN, can be caused by things, including
lymphoma, HIV, other viral issues and autoimmune disorders.

I was worried bout HIV as ive never been tested, so i got an Ora quick HIV test done twice , both negative.

I have a family history of thyroid issues, mother and grandmother.
mother underactive and grandmother overactive.

But i did mention this when i had shin issue with doc, he tested my thyroid with bloodwork, all normal i assume as i was told i would be contacted by office if anything was abnormal.

I have no weight loss, no fever, no nightsweats, otherwise feel fine other than legs and glands.

I have a doc appt in 2 day, just wanted some thoughts on all this.

Thanks
Ron

ladybud
06-22-2015, 10:38 AM
Hi Ron and welcome to the boards! I think you have done your homework well, and have a good list to work from. I would add cat scratch fever to the list as well. In general blood tests cane helpful but cannot rule out lymphoma. That requires a biopsy of a node. Blood tests should be done first, and if no answers, a biopsy I usually only done on nodes over 1 cm that have been present for over one month. Let us know what happens with your appointment.