PDA

View Full Version : what does my 15 month old son's mri mean

Lively314
07-10-2015, 02:09 PM
I've left messages for his doctor and they still haven't called me back. Can anyone please tell me what this means. They were concerned about cerebral palsy
EXAM: MR BRAIN W/O CONTRAST

HISTORY: Evaluate for cause of developmental delay, hypertonicity, and craniofacial abnormalities. Evaluate for structural abnormalities or white matter changes due to prematurity Lack of normal physiological development, unspecified

COMPARISON: None.

TECHNIQUE: Axial and sagittal T1, axial diffusion, coronal and axial T2 imaging of the brain was performed

FINDINGS:

Asymmetric T2 signal throughout the supratentorial white matter, predominately periventricular, likely reflects gliosis associated with remote ischemic insult.

The anterior two thirds of the corpus callosum is diminutive.

The third and lateral ventricles are moderately prominent, likely relating to parenchymal volume loss. There is flow-void demonstrated with the cerebral aqueduct. There is no evidence of obstructive hydrocephalus. No intraparenchymal mass lesion. No
hydrocephalus, hemorrhage or midline shift. No abnormal extra-axial collection.

The cerebellar tonsils are in normal position.

The extracranial soft tissues are unremarkable.

Impression
IMPRESSION:
1. Asymmetric T2 signal predominantly involving the periventricular white matter likely reflects sequela of remote ischemic insult.
2. The anterior two-thirds of the corpus callosum is diminutive.
3. Prominent ventricles, likely relating to white matter volume loss.

Thank you