PDA

View Full Version : I can't win for Losing. Haemochromatosis +Pain in the Side.

pushed
08-03-2015, 07:39 PM
At the beginning of spring I had my AC1 test taken. I am oral meds controlled type 2 Diabetic. The last 5 years I have had my a1c sitting under 6.

I had been feeling lethargic but just put it as being on 60+a week (Manual Labor) The A1c was 8 something, they freaked, I freaked....we all freaked.

They did some checking. I told them of my side pain. I was sent to have a ultrasound done and then blood work. HURRAY haemochromatosis.. The dr said he doesn't think I have any cirrhosis and did not want to do a Biopsy.

In edit if anyone cares....:I am a non Drinker. I literally can count on two hands how many alcoholic beverages I have ever drank.

SO.....I Start the phlebotomies. Big time suck. Have to do it on every other friday (miss 2 hours of work) and it makes me dang near Ill for the whole weekend.

So far I have done a bunch maybe 10-14. Everyone talks about how much better they feel after the iron is taken down. My ferritin is at 400 now but was 700+ something when they found it. I still feel like crap. I've told the DR, he doesn't seem to worried. I still have pain in my right side, not unbearable but REALLLLY friggin annoying. I get stomach aches or Rot gut as I like to call it almost once a week. Doesnt matter what I eat..

Does it ever get better?......Ever?? I'm about this close (-) to losing it.

Aivc
08-17-2015, 01:38 PM
I don't know if this will help, but when I have pain (strained muscles, feet/leg pain) I get in a bathtub with Epsom salts and soak for 20-30 minutes. Seems to help. Also heard that baking soda soaks helps too. Did the doc suggest a different diet? I hope you get some relief...hang in there :-)