PDA

View Full Version : Scared of Biopsy results

hl099
08-20-2015, 01:46 PM
Hello,

Today I went to the dermatologist for a mole that I was concerned about. She was NOT concerned about that one, but she did biopsy it because I was concerned. but she did find another one that she wanted to biopsy just in case. It was not symmetrical, kind of looked like 3 moles together to me (I thought it looks like a mickey mouse head). It was dark brown. It's been there (on my upper arm) for a LONG time and hadn't changed that I know of. It didn't look like my other moles, but like I said, had been there for a long time, number of years. She said when she looked at it that it looks like it had gray granules on it which was a sign of the body not liking something but she doesn't THINK it's serious. Now I'm in a total panic. I keep trying to reason that it was there for years and hadn't changed, so that's a good thing, but it's not working. Can anyone help? I'm so worried! I feel like I'm going to panic all weekend.

hl099
08-20-2015, 02:55 PM
Anyone...??

gingertea
08-20-2015, 05:44 PM
I have had 2 lesions of skin cancer removed and neither of them was a mole. The one on my arm was there for several years because my primary care physician said it was fine. The dermatologist removed it the same day she saw it and it biopsied as basal cell carcinoma....the most treatable. I had a small area on my face that bled that bled from any irritation. It was also basal cell and they were able to remove it without leaving a big scar. None of the ugly looking moles I've had removed and biopsied over the years has ever been any form of cancer. I doubt this will help you stop worrying, but I understand your fear. Good luck with your diagnosis. I hope all is well.