PDA

View Full Version : Scoliosis at 51

blackat32
09-04-2015, 10:45 AM
I am 51 years old and have "known" for years that I had scoliosis. I was officially diagnosed about 3 years ago. I had to quit my job of 15 years recently due to the fact that I just can't do it anymore. The burning is intense and the pain is not severe,yet not mild. I have recently developed neck pain and stiffness. Is this part of my scoliosis? Any help would be appreciated.:)

teteri66
09-09-2015, 10:37 AM
Welcome to the board. I just noticed your post, as I usually post on the Back Problems board.

Please say a bit more about your scoliosis as that term can mean quite a range of issues. Some people develop a little bit at one or two levels after a spine surgery while others have almost a full spine involvement.

Have you ever been treated for the scoliosis? Wear a brace?

Your new neck pain could very well be a result of compensation for the scoliosis. The spine seeks to be in alignment so when one area is curved or out of alignment, it tends to affect levels above or below the area.

I would get it checked out so that you can treat as necessary before it gets any worse.

blackat32
09-09-2015, 12:39 PM
Thank you for your response. I went to my doctor yesterday. He used to be a bone cracker. He took some ex-rays and told me the same thing. He said the lower curve affects the upper curve. He also told me that my C5 and C6 vertebrae are degenerating and I have onset of arthritis. All I know is that my neck almost feels frozen in place. He wants me to get adjusted and see him again in 2 weeks. Thank you again for your response to my inquiry. It helps to know it's not all in my head.