PDA

View Full Version : Large swollen node under chin + hard moveable lump above collarbone, is this cancer?

chadmcskateboar
10-09-2015, 11:37 PM
Hey guys,

I experienced swelling of lymph node under my chin (top node in picture attached) a few weeks ago, but did not feel sick. This went away after a few days, I thought it was just an infection, or due to me not taking very good care of my teeth. (usually have pain sometimes near bottom right back teeth)

Yesterday the same lymph node was swollen again, but I still do not feel sick or have any other symptoms. Then today I discovered a second, small hard lump, kind of moveable, kind of rubbery, above my collarbone. It's about the size of a pea or a tiny bit bigger. I do not know how long this has been there. I do not show any other symptoms, I have not had a fever at all, no night sweats, no itching. I have lost weight but that is due to me only eating 1 meal a day sometimes due to stress / being too busy / too lazy to prepare food.

I do have a cat, who has scratched me in several places recently, it was just a tiny scratch on my chest though (I read on the internet that some of these enlarged nodes can be due to cat scratch fever?)

Reasons why I am concerned:
I read on the internet that hard lumps are usually bad. (my lump above collarbone is more on the hard side, but is a little moveable, I can push it around sort of)
I read on the internet that swollen nodes above the collarbone usually = cancer.

So guys.....what is the likelyhood of this being due to something like a gum infection, or cat scratch, or infection, vs. actual cancer like lymphoma?

Here is a picture of locations of both enlarged nodes:
https://*******/AYQRRA

Should probably also include my history:
A few years ago I got HPV. after this, I had a weird skin tag / abnormal shaped raised growth near my right armpit. I freaked out and did self surgery and removed it using a nail clipper. I also got a very black, small round mole just randomly appear on my forehead (first time this ever happened in my life) which I also did self surgery on. So I am afraid, that these moles were the beginning of cancer, and because I did not take appropriate action, the cancer has now spread....I got these moles about 3 or 4 years ago though.

dea4
11-18-2015, 08:05 AM
Best thing to do is have your doctor check the nodes. Under your chin is usually from the mouth area, teeth, throat etc. The collarbone one is of more concern. I have one there too and am currently having it checked out, also have no other symptoms. Cat scratch fever is more common with scratches from kittens, but can happen with adult cats as well.
You didn't mention if the lump above the collarbone is on the left or right. Staying small is a good sign and moveable is a good sign. The only way to know anything for sure is to have your doctor check it out. The internet will freak you out so stop searching.