PDA

View Full Version : Help!

bilski58
11-05-2015, 07:27 AM
Hello
I would appreciate if someone could help determine what may be wrong with me.

Since May 2013 I have been going to the toilet around 5 or 6 times a day. I often have blood and mucus in my stools. In 2014 I had a flexible sig and my doctor said that my bowel looked slightly inflamed but this may be due to using the toilet often.
I have been having.problems since.
I never feel as if I have finished going to the toilet and on bad days can go between 10 and 15 times. I always feel tired even after 10 hours sleep.

In september I was admitted into hospital due to a complex perianal abscess. I had this drained twice and then a drain was left in place for 2 weeks to keep the wound open. After a month I found another lump and was readmitted to have the new abscess drained. At this time the doctors advised to have a colonoscopy to see what may be causing this ( I advised them that crohns runs in my family, my dad's two sisters have crohns).
I went for my colonoscopy on 25th October. They took 20 biopsies. I am awaiting the results of those biopsies. But they did also take lots of pictures showing huge areas of ulcers and patches of redness (usually inflamed).

I don't know what to think as my doctor has not showed an ounce of urgency to get this sorted and hasn't given me any answers!
Can anyone help shed some light??

Thank you in advance.