PDA

View Full Version : Husband relapse after 4 months clean.

vanessa2016
01-06-2016, 09:51 AM
Hello there, my husband has been an addict of pain pills and heroin on/off for about 10 years. He went to a 30 day rehab after I found him dying on our bathroom floor with bloodied nose, purple, cold.... You get the picture, it was the worst day of my life. Paramedics came and gave that special injection and he has been clean since. A week ago he got home and I could see in his eyes that he was high so I asked him to drug test (we have it at home) and it was positive for opiates, he said he had a headache and his friend at work had a prescription of percocet and offered him some so he took it, just like that. I was so mad at him but we talked and I let it go. So yesterday he went to take a shower at night and when he came back and I looked at his pin pointed pupils I knew something was wrong. I asked him to drug test and he said he felt hurt by me asking him to do it, I don't trust him bla bla, playing the victim game.... So he did the test and it came out negative!! I'm sure it was too early to be detected so I went down stairs to talk to his mum (we live with his parents) and asked her to check him out as she has more experience with it than I do. She came up and she said he was high, we started to ask him what happened, why and all that... I went to look for drugs in the bathroom and found a spoon and a syringe and then had a look on his arm and saw the needle mark. He said that a community worker was volunteering at his workplace and they had old friends in common, bottom line she offered him some heroin and he bought it.
My question is: what do we do now? He was doing so well, working again, got nominated for employee of the month and all... It's so much waste!!! I feel really hurt, betrayed, sorry for him... I know it's not easy and we were all mad at him last night but today we are being more forgiving and supportive. We knew he had a high chance of relapsing but we were so confident... It's devastating.
My second question is: it's been over 15 hours he shoot up and neither one of us could sleep but he's having muscle spasms, vomiting a lot and feel really tired, sluggish, sleepy but restless. He looks high and his eyes are still weird. It looks like he's withdrawing but after one hit?! I don't understand... Do they usually feel like that after one time? Please help.

Phoenix
02-10-2016, 10:54 PM
Hello vanessa2016 and welcome.:wave:

What he needs is a support system beyond his family; like that of NA (Narcotics Anonymous).

It's one thing to go to rehab but once one is out, they automatically have to begin living life on life's terms.

Things can get rather uncomfortable rather quickly and temptation takes no vacation.

If he wants something he's never had before, he's got to be prepared to do something he's never done before.

Might I suggest as family member, attending Alanon meetings, for friends and family.

Nothing worth cherishing is expected to come easy.

Respectfully
Phoenix