PDA

View Full Version : High Total of 253

tiner
01-23-2016, 11:45 AM
Hi everyone,

I had my cholesterol checked for work insurance yesterday and I am worried about my numbers. I am 35 years old. My numbers are:

TC 253
HDL 68
TRG 135
LDL 157
nonHDL 184
TC/HDL 3.7
GLU 73

They listed me as having high cholesterol but didn't recommend seeing a doctor. Both my dad and grandma have a history of high cholesterol. I will admit that I love eggs, butter, and milk. I try not to go overboard and I usually have farm eggs and horomone free butter. Do I need to give them up for awhile? I do try to eat healthy and mainly whole foods. I exercise three times a week on our elliptical but could definitely get more exercise and should lose 20 lbs. Could you help me figure out these numbers and any suggestions to lower LDL?

tess201
01-24-2016, 04:29 AM
Hi,

Your tc/hdl ratio is 3.7 under the <4.5 suggested value
your tc/ldl ratio is 2.3 under the <3.2 suggested value
your trig/hdl ratio is 2.0. suggested value is <2.0

So as you can see, your numbers are fine. I think what you say you are eating is fine as well just don't overdo carbs (bread, potatoes, rice, etc.). You might consider taking an Omega 3 supplement as the trig/hdl ratio is the most important in determining future CHD. Of course, losing weight if you need to do so, is always advisable.

Tess