PDA

View Full Version : Sleeping with a back brace

jayyjayy
01-25-2016, 06:31 PM
I am supposed to wear a Boston back brace 18 hours a day for my scoliosis, but I don't and I haven't wore it in probably over 6 months because it's uncomfortable and stuff, but that's irrelevant. Anyway I started wearing it to bed again, you know just taking baby steps, but I always wake up with it off with no memory of taking it off. It's kind of like I do it in my sleep. I've never woke up with it on in the year and a half that I've had it. Is there a way to prevent me from taking it off? Does anyone of any suggestions or ideas why I kept doing it? Any thing helps!

meru
01-25-2016, 09:00 PM
I would suggest wearing your brace during all yoir waking hours and then to bed, in hopes you will get a few more hours in. WEAR YOUR BRACE. If you allow your scoliosis to progress you're looking at serious concequences for the rest of your life. I'm 23 years old and I have arthritis throughout my whole spine... Let me tell you, when i was younger i would think of arthritis as some ache old people had. NO IT HURTS TO BREATH. I can't sleep, I can no longer follow some of my passions d/t the pain. This is not some lecture to take lightly I assure you. Your spine isn't something that will be able to heal. Please take care of yourself and wear your brace. As a female i assure you, my brace was just as much of a pain if not worse, breast really complicate things. I was a huge geek in highschool but i was never teased for my brace. Yes its uncomfortable, yes it hurts, but you'll really regret not wearing it if your scoli gets worse.