PDA

View Full Version : Tongkat ali

52ken
02-01-2016, 03:09 PM
Has anyone tried Tongkat Ali to increase testosterone and libido? I got mine in capsules form from Indonesia and it seems to be working good. From what I read it works better in older men. I would appreciate any comments. Thanks

52ken
02-08-2016, 03:00 PM
Come on now, not even one man tried to increase their testosterone with this!?!?

JohnR41
02-08-2016, 03:43 PM
Come on now, not even one man tried to increase their testosterone with this!?!?

I'm skeptical. I wonder if it might be boosting one's metabolism and the rate of cell turnover, in which case it might also raise the risk of cancer. It's an herb that works as a stimulant. I wouldn't use it.

I think one could achieve similar results by maintaining a healthy lifestyle (low BMI, healthy diet of natural whole foods and exercise).

52ken
02-09-2016, 05:15 AM
I do not believe that Tongkat Ali increases the metabolism from the research I've done. It is supposed to help release your free testosterone to help your body function like it should. I do appreciate your response. It will do nothing if your testosterone is mid normal or higher. It helps when you have lower testosterone. It seems to help your libido too. I was skeptical too but gave it a try and for me it actually helped my libido. I know on Amazon the reviews were very good. Indonesia Tongkat Ali. Ever try it?

Iceman36
07-30-2017, 06:32 PM
Tonkat Ali may increase testosterone. It is an adaptogen. No real controlled studies in humans. It does increase libido, but must be used with care as it has many side effects.

Running will reduce testosterone levels.

Weight lifting and L-Arginine will increase testosterone levels. L-Arginine will definitely increase libido as it releases nitrous oxide expanding blood vessels.

Professional body builders who work hard at increasing testosterone which is essential for muscle mass do not use Tonkat Ali.

Be careful with supplements. There are some super, wonderful, marvelious fixalls out there that probably are not too dangerious should be taken with deliberation, a understanding of what they do and proper quantities.