PDA

View Full Version : twitching and als

shovon
02-15-2016, 04:38 AM
in the Neurology Community
Hello, I am 30 years old male. I have twitching in both of my calves and the foot for the last 4 months and the twitching is non stop. There are also random twitching all over my body(arms,fingers,face,lips etc) but these twitches just come and go within some minutes. But the twitching of the both calves never stopped. I have also feel extremely pain inside right knee.Dr prescribed me vitmin b12 but no improvement.I think i am getting als.anyone have the same symptom?

MSNik
02-15-2016, 02:30 PM
ALS is one of the diseases which can be tested for. Your symptoms do not sound like ALS, as they would be much more severe; however your doctor can rule it out.
Just as an FYI- vitamin D deficiency can cause this type of pain and twitching as well. Have you had a complete blood panel recently? Why vitamin B12?

There are so many things which cause muscle spasticity...many of them are imbalances and are completely treatable. please dont jump to ALS.....go see a doctor who is willing to run a complete blood panel on you and rule out the simple things...

MSNik

shovon
02-16-2016, 02:38 AM
Thank you so much for your kind reply...actually I got shocked every time when I search by twitching and comes als. I am getting anxious and this is true that when I get anxious twitching becomes more. But the true is my calf and foot twitching never stopped.When I get up from sleep I observed the twitching reduces and some times foot twitching never be seen but starts gradually.I have no weakness of walking or crabing things. I can walk,jump.Today I got more afraid by seeing a twitch in my aram muscle which was so strong twitch such that this portion of the arm jumping heavily.

Lisa903
03-21-2016, 04:35 PM
in the Neurology Community
Hello, I am 30 years old male. I have twitching in both of my calves and the foot for the last 4 months and the twitching is non stop. There are also random twitching all over my body(arms,fingers,face,lips etc) but these twitches just come and go within some minutes. But the twitching of the both calves never stopped. I have also feel extremely pain inside right knee.Dr prescribed me vitmin b12 but no improvement.I think i am getting als.anyone have the same symptom?

Have your b6 level tested.

throwin
04-24-2016, 04:06 PM
I am a sixty two year old male and have also dealt with this from time to time. Started about fifteen years ago and it was a vicious cycle as the more I thought about it the more often I had it. Have experienced maybe four or five times more over the years. It is always good to take this stuff seriously but I think you are bringing it on with anxious thoughts. I am somewhat OCD as far as getting stuck on some worrisome health thing and driving myself crazy. Once this came on out of the blue after I had read something about Lou Gehrig. See your Doc with your worries and ask him about this and if what I am saying makes sense to him. Get whatever tests or other things he can do to put your mind at ease.Take a deep breadth and realize that you are most likely fine. Lastly I had it in my calfs and all different places so that is not unusual. Hope this helps you.

throwin