PDA

View Full Version : Help with alcoholic sister

trish6614
02-29-2016, 09:57 AM
My sister is a 43 year old professional woman who never drank until she had gastric bypass surgery some years ago. she was overweight most of her life and decided to get the surgery to lose weight. after her surgery she started drinking at first it wasn't that bad but then my niece told me if was an everyday thing. at first I thought my niece was exaggerating but then I found myself sticking up for her when my sister would call me and complain how ungrateful she was. Anyway this went on for years me sticking up for my niece and so forth until the day my sister aimed her mouth on my child, I stopped talking to her and she then started texting me saying nasty nasty things. I tried talking to her when she was sober but she never answered until she was drunk and 99 percent of the time it was to insult me after a while I fought back and with a vengeance. at this time my niece is no longer speaking to her mother, my sister said things to her that no mother should say to their daughter. she was bad mouthing me to my niece so I told her to leave my name out of her mouth because I had enough issues going on in my life and I didn't need her to add to it. She actually apologized saying she thought I was feeding my niece crap I told her no you drove her to the point where she can't speak to you, Your words broke her down. anyway my sister drunk one night texted me and tells me she thinks she has breast cancer and that's why we wanted to make amends with me but she will not be fighting it because she was such a bad mother, I told her she will fight it and that woman fight it everyday she told me she was awaiting the results from the biopsy and would let me know, a week later I text her to ask about her test results I get nothing no text no call nothing. I wait a few days I text her probably to late because she's already lit, I ask her about the results she tells me someone she knows is going to take care of her because he loves her and knows her wishes. she then goes on to tell me how her daughter hates which is so not true ( she just can't take the abuse) a few nights later she sends me a text saying how she's a basket case planning her death and how she even changed her beneficiary on her insurance policy I finally called our brother to see if he knew anything about it which he did not then her daughter called the man who was going to take care of her and he knew nothing about it. Last night I get a text saying she was pretty lucky to have good friends because she didn't have family that was by her side and that her daughter and I will be fine. I ignored it. I guess I'm asking if an alcoholic would go this far with a lie and why.

Rosetta7895
03-21-2016, 11:20 PM
I'm not trying to be rude or anything but most alcoholics make up lie just to get attention that they cant get them self so they make up false things to get sympathy out of people.

trish6614
03-24-2016, 08:14 PM
You're not rude at all I just don't get why they do it. My sister gets plenty of attention at her job, she's a professional woman who makes over 100K a year and well respected so why go to such extremes.

Rosetta7895
03-25-2016, 10:26 AM
I really don't know and i'm sorry for that, that i don't have an answer for you.