PDA

View Full Version : Finally have my diagnosis!

Mavvio16
03-31-2016, 09:18 PM
I have been diagnosed with Chronic Erosive Gastritis. My GI has increased my omeprazole to 40mg from 20mg and I now must eat only bland white foods. I'm getting really tired of boneless/skinless chicken breast, white rice and either green beans or carrots for dinner... Other than that I can eat vanilla yogurt, pears, applesauce and plain sandwiches on white bread.
It was however a relief to find out that there was no cancer!

If anyone knows of other non-fatty, non-fibrous plain foods I can eat, I would love any suggestions. Thanks! :angel:

Titchou
04-01-2016, 06:22 PM
From what I've just read, diet does not impact this condition. Are you being treated for H. pylori? The NIH recommends treatment even when testing comes back negative.

rainbowsrock
04-02-2016, 04:20 AM
I recently had severe Gastritis/Duodenitis. I was on a bland diet, from choice (some days I could only manage rice pudding, not the creamy kind) as some foods made the pain/nausea worse. Was also on 20mg Omeprazole am and pm....which did heal things fairly quickly.

Hope you feel better soon

Mavvio16
04-05-2016, 05:34 PM
It's Chronic Erosive Gastritis, meaning my stomach lining is eroding. Diet has everything to do with it, per my GI. I can't eat anything mid to high fiber, nothing fatty (mayo, butter, oils, etc), nothing spicy without having the symptoms flare up, (bloating, belching, gas, discomfort on the upper left side of my abdomen). Even with the omeprazole (it's only stopped the burning).
In my case I have to believe that it was caused by NSAIDs as I took ibuprofen for years for arthritis before going on Celebrex (which I haven't taken for 2 years) but had still taken ibuprofen occasionally up until last November when this flared up.
I have done a blood test for H. Pylori (negative) and the biopsy also negative.

Thanks for the input.

rainbowsrock
04-06-2016, 10:26 AM
Apart from the boring bland diet what helped me was in between meals drinking lukewarm water

Mavvio16
04-14-2016, 02:14 AM
Spent the last few days in bed and over the toilet so I have stopped taking the 40mg omeprazole and back on 20mg. It seemed as though I was getting worse again and as soon as I went back on the lower dose I'm doing better again. I think that the higher dose was too much for me. Still on the bland diet and am feeling at this point always will be. I want to eat something yummy... :(

rainbowsrock
04-14-2016, 03:31 AM
Mine healed in about 2 months with 20mg Omeprazole am and pm
That was about 6 months ago
I still have to be careful with diet...like you I long for forbidden foods