PDA

View Full Version : Squamous cell cancer on old scar?

StarStacey
04-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Hi, folks, I have a 2 inch scar from surgery for SCFE (hip surgery) as a child. It's now 28 years old. I have matching scars (right and left hips). Yesterday I was getting a shower and realised that the one on my right side was completely red, raised and later turned into a blister filled with clear fluid. It does not appear infected, however. I am very surprised by this as this has never happened to any of my surgical scars (I've got a number of them!). I took it to my GP Tuesday and she said she had no idea what it was and just dressed it and asked me to come back next week to check that it was healing. Any ideas what it could be? I have positive ANA (1:1280 at last read), am Anti-Ro (SSA) positive and centromere antibody positive. Rheumatologists have dismissed me as having any definite diagnosis. They have said "undifferentiated connective tissue disease". I also have been being treated for pityriasis lichenoides chronica (PLC) since early teens. I am now 40. Could this be Squamous Cell Cancer? Thanks for your replies.

jedinight
04-17-2016, 08:22 AM
The etiology of pityriasis lichenoides chronica is not known at the present time; the recent findings suggest autoimmune? What did the doctor give you for managing your pityriasis lichenoides chronica ie do you have to take it everyday?

StarStacey
04-17-2016, 11:54 AM
I'm 40 years old and although I've had it since as long as I can remember (around age 13), I have only been managing since I was 16/17 years old. I was managing with UVB lights as the condition annoyed me, but more recently (last 6 years) I have been managing with Diprobase cream. I must admit I am worried about my exposure to UVB (and UVA previously) and how it has/will affect my skin. Obviously I am very concerned about my scar which has blistered and and currently is an open wound (the open portion is only about 1/2 a cm. big). The scar becoming inflamed, blistering and a wound is very mysterious. Thanks for taking the time to read and comment. Star x